• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

Haider

Hi,

Any chance could Tweak9038 could be ported to GNU Linux (Ubuntu) or Win10? It running on Android so port to Linux should be easier of the two or a firmware limiting the voltage to line-level output?

Thanks
Haider

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi,

Any chance could Tweak9038 could be ported to GNU Linux (Ubuntu) or Win10? It running on Android so port to Linux should be easier of the two or a firmware limiting the voltage to line-level output?

Thanks
Haider
If all you want to do is control the volume limiter, then you can already do that in Linux using the hardware volume slider.

Here you can see how it works in macOS:
And on Android via UAPP:

I haven't dipped my toes into Linux, so no video there unfortunately, but the method is the same.

As for porting the App, I've forwarded your message to our app developer. I'll tell you once I have an answer from him.

Last edited:

adrhc

hi, I want to buy one E1DA 9038D, but from wher? I find it nowhere available

adrhc

Is 9038D the best option (for an USB DAC, same price range) for getting the sound from a computer (jack output of Asus Rog Strix H370-I Gaming) to KEF LSX?
Optical is already used with my TV, so is not available. I intend to listen music played on the computer (my music, Mopidy based server).

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
Is 9038D the best option (for an USB DAC, same price range) for getting the sound from a computer (jack output of Asus Rog Strix H370-I Gaming) to KEF LSX?
Optical is already user with my TV, so is not available.
If digital is an option you should go digital. Can't you get an additional USB>optical like the topping D10s? Or an optical splitter solution

adrhc

In fact I could simply use an optical input switch, you are right, it's just I only now realized that I could do that, thanks :)

adrhc

Would 9038D work with Raspberry Pi 4B? I mean, with Raspberry Pi OS

staticV3

Master Contributor
Would 9038D work with Raspberry Pi 4B? I mean, with Raspberry Pi OS
Yes. Just make sure you open alsamixer and set PCM1 volume to 100.
By default, it will be set to 40, limiting the 9038D's volume.
To make your alsamixer configuration persist between restarts, use sudo alsactl store

Nelaer

Those of you who use Neutron, could you please post your configuration. I'm getting a very low output (and I have tried using Tweak9038 to increase it).
Hi :)
Here are my configs:
Upd: added one more screenshot

Attachments

• Neutron_1.jpg
    Neutron_1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Neutron_2.jpg
    Neutron_2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Neutron_3.jpg
    Neutron_3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 122
  • Neutron_4.jpg
    Neutron_4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

confucius_zero

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The 9038D is not available until silicon prices recover. At the moment it does not make financial sense for Ivan to order a new batch of 9038D units.
I just discovered the benefits of this dac... It's definitely sad that it will remain out of print as victim of chip shortage :( we had it easy folks

dimsam

Hello everyone!

I would like to know if it's possible to make a review of Fiio KA3 that has the same DAC and the same price with E1DA 9038D but it's not in stock a long time ago...

Thank you very much!

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@staticV3 I have a question. When using the 9038D w/ S20+ in the car the sound only briefly drops out when changing screens on the phone or when opening a new app but the pause is very brief. When using the Qudelix 5k every time a pop up appears on my phone screen the sound drops out for several seconds every time. What is the cause of these drop outs? Something to do with phone settings? Or inherent in these devices. The 9038D's are so brief I hardly notice them and there is no drop-out of sound when a pop-up occurs, only when changing screens/apps. Thanks in advance.

staticV3

Master Contributor
@Rottmannash I don't have any drop outs. Neither with my OnePlus 6T, nor with my Tab S7+. I don't know what could cause them.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Rottmannash I don't have any drop outs. Neither with my OnePlus 6T, nor with my Tab S7+. I don't know what could cause them.
Hmmm...not good. I wonder if it is a setting in the S20+. It also occurred with the S10+. I'll fiddle with some settings and see if there's something obvious amiss. Thanks for the quick reply.

Top Bottom