• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphone(s) do you own ?

pwjazz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Audeze LCD2C (heavily EQ'd)
Massdrop Sennheiser HD58X (only lightly EQ'd)
Revonext RN-QT2 (with treble peak EQ'd down)
Etymotic HF5 (no EQ)

The LCD2C and HD58X get similar amounts of head time. The LCD2C is oddly both more fun for stuff like pop, electronica and hip hop and also more relaxing with choral music and jazz. The HD58X is more natural and perfect for acoustic music. That said, with EQ the LCD2C is natural enough and if I had to keep just one (which I don't), it'd be the LCD2C because the HD58X can't match its clean bass while the LCD2C can be EQ'd to a very similar response as the HD58X.

The QT2 is my go-to for listening on the move, and the HF5 is my in-flight noise isolating champ.

MrGoodbits

Forum Donor
Sennheiser HD600
Etymotic ER4SR with Comply eartips, bought these for travel, but man these are exceptional.
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II 70 Ohm - For the office, where something fancier looking might be stolen.

Both Sennheisers are EQ'ed with Sonarworks. Makes a large improvement overall on the HD 25.
I use CanOpener Studio where I can, it's subtle but for me helps a lot with headphone fatigue.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
OP
solderdude

solderdude

Grand Contributor
HD800 (but with EQ, don't like it without it)

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the last version of the Sony. Presumably the latest one should be an incremental improvement but even on the last one noise cancelling was outstanding and sound good. Only criticism I have is that battery life is quite noticeably shorter than when they were new, however the initial battery life was so far ahead of many of the alternatives that they still do OK.

Lord.Rexter

My collection of headphones:

ATH M40/M50x
HiFiMAN HE-400S/HE-560 v2
Sennheiser HD201/HD202 II/HD650/HD700/HD800/Momentum v1.0 (over ear)
Superlux HD662B/HD668B/HD669/HD681
STAX SR-L300/SR-L300 Limited Edition/SR-L700
SteelSeries 5H V2 MOH/Siberia
Xiaomi Mi Headphones v1.0

STAX SR-L700 (My favorite) paired with STAX SRM-353X, iFi Micro iDSD Black Label and FiiO X5 3rd gen DAP

Duckeenie

ATH M40X.

Used to like them but since getting a Topping D10 they sound a bit muddy now.

andymok

Addicted to Fun and Learning
AKG K240s ------ General Listening / Gaming at home. Nothing to complain about.

Etymotic ER4pt ------ on-the-go / Critical Listening when doing recordings or studying music. I play violin and used to play a lot in orchestras. So far this is the ONLY earphone that could convince me it's truely Hi-Fi.

Sennheiser HD-25 ------ Monitoring. More natural and comfy than using ER4 when providing enough isolation, thanks to the high clamping force. Bass is too much and probably distorted (realized after using on AAA 789) so you don't want to work tonality on it. It does give the transient and punch though. Also use it for OTG thanks to the low-profile.

Sony MD-7506 ------ with my GF now so I don't use it as much. Clean is all I could say.

Looking to add Senn HD6xx and AT M50X to the collection in future.

Last edited:

Lord.Rexter

AKG K240s ------ General Listening / Gaming at home. Nothing to complain about.

Etymotic ER4pt ------ on-the-go / Critical Listening when doing recordings or studying music. I play violin and used to play a lot in orchestras.

Sennheiser HD-25 ------ Monitoring. More natural and comfy than using ER4 when providing enough isolation, thanks to the high clamping force. Bass is too much and probably distorted (realized after using on AAA 789) so you don't want to work tonality on it. It does give the transient and punch though. Also use it for OTG thanks to the low-profile.

Sony MD-7506 ------ with my GF now so I don't use it as much. Clean is all I could say.

Looking to add Senn HD6xx and AT M50X to the collection in future.

I would recommend that you audition ATH M60 or/and M40 before pulling a trigger on M50X. :D

Maki

STAX SR-007A, SR-L700, SR-507
Sennheiser HD800S
ZMF Atticus
Sony MA900
Hifiman HE500
Beyerdynamic DT1990
Fostex TR-X00EB
Beyerdynamic DT1990
B&W PX

All are EQ'd, some more than others. Many are pad swapped or modded in some way.

CaptObvious

Sennheiser GSP500 open back gaming headset. With memory foam pads from the GSP600

SchwarzeWolke

Forum Donor
Only the ones I use frequently:
  • Audio Technica ATH-MSR7
  • Hifiman/Massdrop HE-4xxx
  • Sennheiser/Sennheiser HD-6xx
  • Etymotic ER3XR
  • Brainwavz B400

Grave

The HD 660 S's are blowing my mind. They have a near perfect frequency response to my ears (they need more deep bass) and they sound clearer than the HD 650's to my ears because there is no smoothness to them. The HD 650's sound amazing as well, but I have not used them as much lately.

Top Bottom