• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Blessing 2 Review (IEM)

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 99 44.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 106 47.7%

• Total voters

poppy

Art of sound

nice to see. I recently procured moondrop variations after considering blessing 2 and everything between 200-500 simply for the love of sub bass.

mrbungle

I like mine. As an FYI, the Moondrop Springtips from the Kato work nicely with a little bit of fiddling. The stock silicone tips didn’t last too long for me, but the Springtips are great. Thanks for the review.

926665ED-147E-45F8-AE57-7BE67D4BAFDC.jpeg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Great review Amir.

Please do CCA CRA review next. $15 beast IEM. Super popular now with lots of hype. Reviewers placing it above stuff that costs a lot more.

I rather buy from Amazon. Is this the same thing? https://www.amazon.com/Linsoul-Composite-Diaphragm-Detachable-Audiophile/dp/B09MT31MLR?th=1

If not, is there a seller on Amazon?

For that price, I am happy to buy it to test.

Tks

Major Contributor
Looking at other forums, for a lot of people headphones are a thing of the past. (I've seen different threads where people sold all their expensive headphones once they got into IEM's). For home entertainment use I also turned to IEM's.

Dumped Audeze's and a few Sennheisers after getting into IEMs. Just kept a pair of 58X when my ear canal gets irritated when wearing IEM's for hours.

jam

Thanks for the review Amir. Not a bad set of IEM at a much more affordable price than the 64 Audio U12t. Does it come in a color for men? :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes. Though the CRA doesn't look that impressive if Harman is your target:
Thanks. I purchased it. We will see how it does.

JanesJr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The distortion figures we are seeing again is the nature of BA drivers. I'm not a huge fan of BA's and prefer single DD designs.
IEM's kind of sort out "schools of tonality preference", here the rich bass/natural dynamics crowd, and the resolution crowd. I have the ETy BA ER4XR and the DD ER2XR, and I understand the attraction of the bass and dynamics of the DD version; but whenever I listen to it, my mind is struggling to hear the resolution and smooth FR curve of the BA IEM. (All EQ'd .)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Dumped Audeze's and a few Sennheisers after getting into IEMs. Just kept a pair of 58X when my ear canal gets irritated when wearing IEM's for hours.
I also migrated to IEMs from headphones.

anphex

Forum Donor
Sometimes it looks like some manufacturers actually take your metrics - in this case your preference - as a benchmark and try to get as close as possible. I don't mind as long as the result is good. And when the manufacturer sends you the gear on its own volition you can almost be sure that it's going to be good.

Great job, I like those. I am no headphone/IEM fan, but if I was, I would get those right away.

RazeTW

Question for AMIR: Is there a way you can test (not the full gamut, just one or two) to see how your blessing2 measures with and WITHOUT the mesh nozzle filter please if it is still on load in your possession.

b2d user here..for anyone considering a purchase, be aware...it has a 6.5mm nozzle which makes it NOT a beginner friendly IEM (fit and tip rolling is a must). In my research for better tips, using company nozzle data, and purchases of my own, I've found these fit the nozzle (but you will almost always shred the mesh so buyer beware):

Symbio W - (Very firm...not my favorite)
Spinfit cp155 (long time cp100 user, these are my fav. Thin silicon means less seal vs stock. Tradeoff for better comfort)
Azla xelastic (if you force it, it fits. Doesn't fit well because you have to order 2 sizes down to begin with...so pass on this...also too expensive)
Azla clears (less force than x's...doesn't improve over stock tips or 155s...to expensive)
Stock tip from Venture Electronics "Bonus IE" iem (Surprising comfort. Only comes in 1 size and cant be bought standalone...curious find)

Out of this round up, the best for me is actually the stock blessing tips. However I was in between sizes between S and M...so I found I had to resort to cp155.

Leiker535

OK, let me look into getting T4.
I actually think the T3 plus is the one most conformant to the Harman target on where it matters most (mids and upper mids). It certainly aroused more of an echo inside de community.

1649378211819.png

Madlop26

I got the Blessing 2 Dusk, 6 months ago, replacement for my old Shure SE846, which I have been using for 10 years, but I liked the Dusk better because of the additional bass, I was very pleased; but 3 months ago the Dusk were decommissioned to oblivion after 4 days of extensive AB testing against the 7Hz timeless (planar EIM that has generated so so so much hype) and cost $100 less than the Dusk. I know how perversive bias are, so a Methodology was needed. No blind test, unfortunately you can tell easily which IEM you are wearing ( different weight and form) , so I plugged both IEMs to the 2 balanced outputs of my topping A90, low gain, SMSL Su9 DAC , no EQ, volume cero, start music , then volume up to a decent level, listen for 15 to 20 sec, then volume to zero, switch IEM as fast as I can, then volume up again, listen for 15-20 sec, volumen down….and so on and on for about 45 min , different genres tested, and 4 sessions in 4 different days for consistency. There was no match, the Timeless sounded always much better than the Dusk, the details of mids were just mind blowing, and yes that much work to be sure which one I like better, as I knew new comparisons will eventually come in the future, and it did, 1 month ago I got the Monarch MK2, most IEMs reviewers put these on top of the top, basically a $1000 IEM that sounds better than most of the $2000 or $3000 IEMs , at least is what they claim. So I put the Timeless against the Monarch, after 4 days of testing I just could not tell which one I like better, both sounded awesome, still the mids of the Timeless were slight better, (but not consistent), the monarch had better detailed bass, bass in the Timeless was good but in some occasion there may be some distortion at higher volume? ( remember I do not have trained ears so…..) The timeless were more confortable and I was able to get a seal much easily, but remember that was in in my ears. Conclusion to my ears, the additional $800 for the Monarch was not a good deal.

Garrincha

I got the Blessing 2 Dusk, 6 months ago, replacement for my old Shure SE846, which I have been using for 10 years, but I liked the Dusk better because of the additional bass, I was very pleased; but 3 months ago the Dusk were decommissioned to oblivion after 4 days of extensive AB testing against the 7Hz timeless (planar EIM that has generated so so so much hype) and cost $100 less than the Dusk. I know how perversive bias are, so a Methodology was needed. No blind test, unfortunately you can tell easily which IEM you are wearing ( different weight and form) , so I plugged both IEMs to the 2 balanced outputs of my topping A90, low gain, SMSL Su9 DAC , no EQ, volume cero, start music , then volume up to a decent level, listen for 15 to 20 sec, then volume to zero, switch IEM as fast as I can, then volume up again, listen for 15-20 sec, volumen down….and so on and on for about 45 min , different genres tested, and 4 sessions in 4 different days for consistency. There was no match, the Timeless sounded always much better than the Dusk, the details of mids were just mind blowing, and yes that much work to be sure which one I like better, as I knew new comparisons will eventually come in the future, and it did, 1 month ago I got the Monarch MK2, most IEMs reviewers put these on top of the top, basically a $1000 IEM that sounds better than most of the $2000 or $3000 IEMs , at least is what they claim. So I put the Timeless against the Monarch, after 4 days of testing I just could not tell which one I like better, both sounded awesome, still the mids of the Timeless were slight better, (but not consistent), the monarch had better detailed bass, bass in the Timeless was good but in some occasion there may be some distortion at higher volume? ( remember I do not have trained ears so…..) The timeless were more confortable and I was able to get a seal much easily, but remember that was in in my ears. Conclusion to my ears, the additional $800 for the Monarch was not a good deal.
Interesting, because of many raving reviews I am/was also thinking in buying The Monarch MK2, so you say it's not worth the money? Just send it to Amir to test it, how about that?

Madlop26

Interesting, because of many raving reviews I am/was also thinking in buying The Monarch MK2, so you say it's not worth the money? Just send it to Amir to test it, how about that?
unfortunately the results can be applied to my ears only, yours may have different hearing capabilities, comfort, sealing properties and of course different taste in how music sound better, so it is in some degree a personal quest my friend, but good reviews like Amir’s helps a lot, why don’t you get a well review $200ish IEM and compared with the Monarch and then you can decide which to return, I kept both…. I am a lost cause….

Top Bottom