• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Blessing 2 Review (IEM)

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 99 44.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 106 47.7%

• Total voters

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I nearly bought an Ety ER2SE as an import from the USA as super good deals over there, and I don't own any IEM's....interest sparked by the reviews here, but I really don't want to keep pushing wax further into my ear (working against the human bodies natural conveyor belt from eardrum to earlobe - skin growth). Fears of lack of soundstage and higher distortion are also factors for me not pulling the trigger yet, I suppose it would be interesting to try a good value but good measuring pair.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't have it. But do have the S8 which I will review next. :)
Be very interested to read the S8 numbers and impressions. I suspect anything past the Blessing in the lineup is possibly a regression, or maybe just different flavours of "good' but for significantly more $.

Reactions: RHO

FreaK

I don't have it. But do have the S8 which I will review next. :)
Do you have maybe some Tin Hifi products also waiting to be measured? Theye are mostly cheap, and some of them are tuned for the harman target, as far as i know. Sorry for the off-topic :)

Reactions: Gio

frix

Be very interested to read the S8 numbers and impressions. I suspect anything past the Blessing in the lineup is possibly a regression, or maybe just different flavours of "good' but for significantly more
Maybe the S8 has less midrange distortion with higher SPL. It's using 4 dedicated BA's for the midrange.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
When I first measured these, I thought they had target Harman curve but my fitment was wrong given the small differences. Then I read up and it seems they have their own tweaked target they call VDSF (diffused target of sorts). Variations from Harman target were small so I was very curious as to its audibility (see listening test section).

It seems that small variations against the IEM target may be deemed acceptable in light of some of Harman's own findings ?

In that article :

"Target 2" was equally preferred to the default IEM target by both trained and untrained listeners.
Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 08.21.26.png

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe the S8 has less midrange distortion with higher SPL. It's using 4 dedicated BA's for the midrange.
Possibly, but the Blessing distortion isn't really problematic until you go over the 104dB threshold . Still higher than other iem though. Will be interesting to see more models with different driver configs for sure.

RHO

Major Contributor

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
Ranking what I have owned: Blessing 2 < KXXS < Blessing 2 Dusk < RSV < KATO < Illumination < Turii. I am such a Moondrop fan. To me Moondrop is second best thing coming out of the Chengdu, China. First being Panda.

0c2975ba1cd06db5.jpg_480x360x95_4e86062a.jpg

Last edited:

Vict0r

Last edited:

Tatr76

So I have a pair of these. My biggest problem is wearing outside as the merest hint of any breeze let alone wind ruins them. It's like being in a car, at speed, cranking up the music but then sticking your head out the window rendering any fidelity useless.

oversky

How about the spatial effects?
The left and right channels start showing variation after 3k Hz.
I guess it is not as good as FiiO FD5.

Vict0r

So I have a pair of these. My biggest problem is wearing outside as the merest hint of any breeze let alone wind ruins them. It's like being in a car, at speed, cranking up the music but then sticking your head out the window rendering any fidelity useless.

You can reduce the wind noise quite a bit by using the chin slider, a cable clip to connect the cable to your clothing, wearing the IEM cable underneath your clothing, wearing the cable around the ear, or a different cable all together since some cables are more prone to microphonics than others.

maxxevv

Major Contributor

Tatr76

You can reduce the wind noise quite a bit by using the chin slider, a cable clip to connect the cable to your clothing, wearing the IEM cable underneath your clothing, wearing the cable around the ear, or a different cable all together since some cables are more prone to microphonics than others.
No its not microphonics, wind gets in. You can take cable off and still happens. Does not happen on other iems I own,

Merkurio

Amir is unchained and on fire, brace yourselves!

Blessing 2 are one of the most highly praised IEMs since its launch and this measurements absolutely correlate the importance of frequency response and the adherence to a somewhat validated target close to Harman (VSDF).

Also, the first hybrid IEM reviewed at ASR, here are crinacle's measurements for reference:

graph-2.png

Keep this great momentum with highly popular and regarded products, Chief.

Vict0r

No its not microphonics, wind gets in. You can take cable off and still happens. Does not happen on other iems I own,
Ahh, perhaps because they're vented, and the vent points outward?

Top Bottom