• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just saw that Yulong just released an upgrade to the DA10 called the DA11, now with ES9038pro instead of an AK4497, and 5 watts of power at 32 ohms instead of 3. It has a 3.5mm single-ended headphone output and both 4.4 pentaconn and XLR “fully balanced” options. They’re purporting a SNR of 125. Can’t find any reviews or independent measurements anywhere.

Amir seemed kinda meh on the DA10 back in 2019, mainly for it’s relatively high price and some noise issues. This one is even higher priced at $1399 on Shenzhen Audio. It comes in red, silver and black iterations. Calling for any further info…

OP
srkbear

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd love to see this one reviewed here!
Me too! It would be nice to have a new 9038 DAC/Amp combo with decent power output and balanced connectors. I’m curious as to how it measures compared to the Topping D90se/A90 stack.

@amirm hope somebody loans you one of these soon to be subjected to your exacting standards! It’s literally about a week out from launch and nary a review exists at this point…

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Me too! It would be nice to have a new 9038 DAC/Amp combo with decent power output and balanced connectors. I’m curious as to how it measures compared to the Topping D90se/A90 stack.

@amirm hope somebody loans you one of these soon to be subjected to your exacting standards! It’s literally about a week out from launch and nary a review exists at this point…

The D11 + a Mac mini as roon core+endpoint.

That would be really something nice and clean looking as a desktop setup

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
as far as my biased subjectivism remembers, yulong and qulous (qls) have some really decent-looking desktop pieces that sounded adequately good as well. pricing is a bit high in comparison with their competitors in china though.

OP
srkbear

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The D11 + a Mac mini as roon core+endpoint.

That would be really something nice and clean looking as a desktop setup
I’m not seeing any evidence that this unit has any streaming capabilities, so I’m guessing it would need to be paired with something like a Pi Hat streamer or the iFi Zen Stream, which has a built in Roon Bridge (it’s what I use). But for those who use Roon and/or Tidal, I know of no other truly high performance desktop ES9038pro DAC/amp combo in this price point that utilizes USB inputs, has full-balanced circuitry and a Pentaconn output, is a full MQA decoder and outputs such robust power (assuming we can trust its specs).

I have a Topping D90se paired with an iFi Pro iCAN Signature that I’m very happy with, but I shelled out a pile of cash for all these discrete components. I just couldn’t find an all-in-one option that measured in the Topping range. Plus, this DA11 has both NOS and oversampling modes available, similar to the Gustard x26 pro, and that’s an appealing option.

I have to assume that it must outmeasure the DA10 with its AK4497 and lower output voltage—Yulong is the one Chinese manufacturer that seems to have gotten the least press and I’m hoping someone will dive deeper into this unit soon—I’d love to have a comparatively affordable option for my bedroom…

Snoopy

Major Contributor
I meant the Yulong DA11 + a Mac mini M1 (as roon core and endpoint. Currently I use a MacBook air m1) would be a clean option for either a desktop setup or a bedroom setup.

If the headphone amp is good enough I'm really considering this unit.

Stacks are all nice and better value , but I like a clean minimalist setup.

If yulong could have included a roon endpoint this would be a killer device.

Garrincha

The Price is $1.400 about the same as the Topping A90 + D90SE. While it is combined and may be better designed, it most certainly will not measure as good.

OP
srkbear

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Price is $1.400 about the same as the Topping A90 + D90SE. While it is combined and may be better designed, it most certainly will not measure as good.
Yeah, the 10 didn’t size up so well; was hoping this iteration with an upgraded chip might do better?

OP
srkbear

srkbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The 10 was AK4497 based, while this one is ES9038pro employing all 8 channels. Was hoping they might have learned a thing or two from their competitors. It would be nice to have am integrated DAC/amp combo with this chipset at reasonable price…

Garrincha

The 10 was AK4497 based, while this one is ES9038pro employing all 8 channels. Was hoping they might have learned a thing or two from their competitors. It would be nice to have am integrated DAC/amp combo with this chipset at reasonable price…
The gear looks very nice, I agree, but $1.400 is not cheap. A THD measurement from the manufacturer can be found here, that looks good: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005...58!12000027950572265!sea&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

Human Bass

The Aurora is less than half, seems to be a much better cost benefit

Top Bottom