• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

threni

Major Contributor
So using the Apple dongle makes sense but not as a duplication of the DAC built into the Loxjie A30?
Yes. The dongle measures pretty well, but it's a DAC and an amp, so apart from being limited in power compared to most other DACs it's also going to be less powerful than most other amps, limiting what you can use it with (ie if you have less sensitive headphones, or use EQ) and possibly resulting in more noise if you have to run everything at a higher volume to compensate.

kzu

Hi, this is my first post, I've been reading the forum for a while as it is great source of information and advice. Thanks to all the contributors!
I got the Loxjie A30 after reading all the positive comments here, but out of the box I run in an USB connection issue.
USB connection keeps dropping or there is a some sort of issue with it, I've tried using different devices (PC and laptop running windows 10), different USB ports, different USB cable, even went so far as to reinstalling windows OS on my PC. the problem still persists,
it is illustrated in this short clip:
You will be able to see that the device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from the PC and I can't find the way of fixing it. Any ideas what might be the cause?

I did the following troubleshooting and made sure that Spatial sound is turned off, it did not help:
  • Reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver
  • Turn off the Power Saving Option for the USB driver
  • Run the Windows Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
Any help is much appreciated

kzu

Hi, this is my first post, I've been reading the forum for a while as it is great source of information and advice. Thanks to all the contributors!
I got the Loxjie A30 after reading all the positive comments here, but out of the box I run in an USB connection issue.
USB connection keeps dropping or there is a some sort of issue with it, I've tried using different devices (PC and laptop running windows 10), different USB ports, different USB cable, even went so far as to reinstalling windows OS on my PC. the problem still persists,
it is illustrated in this short clip:
You will be able to see that the device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting from the PC and I can't find the way of fixing it. Any ideas what might be the cause?

I did the following troubleshooting and made sure that Spatial sound is turned off, it did not help:
  • Reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers driver
  • Turn off the Power Saving Option for the USB driver
  • Run the Windows Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
Any help is much appreciated
Hi, just an update, I found that optical input works so will be using this for now and I will try to contact Loxjie to see if they know of a fix.

Dystophic

Hi, just an update, I found that optical input works so will be using this for now and I will try to contact Loxjie to see if they know of a fix.

If enabled, try to disable power saving for the USB interface / driver. This is the most common cause for the problem you describe.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see you've already tried that.. Have you tried to use the Loxjie with a different computer? Have you - if possible - tried to use a USB2 port rather than a USB3 port?

Last edited:

kzu

If enabled, try to disable power saving for the USB interface / driver. This is the most common cause for the problem you describe.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see you've already tried that.. Have you tried to use the Loxjie with a different computer? Have you - if possible - tried to use a USB2 port rather than a USB3 port?
Thanks,
I've tried all USB ports, and tried it in the workstation and on the laptop. It is quite annoying because it is not present all the time. On laptop it was fine for first 2-2.5 hours and then started while I was watching YT video. After restarting the laptop it went away and returned after about 40 minutes. I've came with idea to lend it to colleague who is using iMac and we will see if it happens on his system. I will report back later in the week. I will be really annoyed if it works fine on his system.

bathroomskank

Hello,

does this amp have enough power for low sensitivity bookshelf speakers like Polk XT15 in a small room ?

Thank you

kzu

I'm still wondering because of the 86dB sensivity which is lower than 88dB of your S15s.
If you did not purchase Polks yet, consider Yamaha's NS-BP300, nowhere near high end but sound very good. spec sheet below. Nominal input 60W and 6 ohm impedance with 85 bB sensitivity. I would argue that with this amp they sound better than Elac Debut B5.2, 

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220323-180136.png
    Screenshot_20220323-180136.png
    363.4 KB · Views: 83

Dystophic

I'm still wondering because of the 86dB sensivity which is lower than 88dB of your S15s.
I do not think this should be any problem. I have a pair of Monitor 50 (8 ohm, 87dB sensitivity) and there are no problems getting them really loud without any noticeable distortion in a room which is about 12 m2 large.

kzu

Ok, after testing with apple iMac it looks like everything is ok with the amp and usb connection, must be windows 10 on my PC. Optical works fine so this is what I will be using for now and try to sort out usb later.

Dystophic

Ok, after testing with apple iMac it looks like everything is ok with the amp and usb connection, must be windows 10 on my PC. Optical works fine so this is what I will be using for now and try to sort out usb later.

There might also be power saving settings in BIOS for some motherboards, you could try to disable those if any are available. Even though I would not recommend it for long term usage, you could also try to set your USB2 ports to legacy mode in BIOS and check if that does anything.

Last edited:

TimBrugman

Hi, first time user on this forum. From the Netherlands. Excuses for my English. I would like some advise.
I have a sort of mancave. It's a 25 m2 (270 square feet) room with a pool table, dart board, beer fridge and two bar stools. Now we stream a Spotify list to a LG WK7 Smart speaker (30 watts), mostly (hard)rock/metal/punk music. That was mwah/ok for the last two years but now I want to upgrade to a stereo system. Budget 400-500€ ($500)
First I thought about the Arylic A50+ because of the wifi/streaming options (Spotify Connect) but the review on this site was pretty bad for the Arylic A50+.
So now I am thinking about the Loxjie A30 with two bookshelf speakers. I was thinking about the Q Acoustics 3020i speakers. I will connect the Loxjie a30 with an optical cable with the TV (which has an Chromecast Ultra and a Amazon Fire Stick). Then we can use Spotify Connect with the FireStick or Chromecast.
We like loud rock music, but mostly at a medium loud level, sometimes we like it a bit louder (when we have had a few (to many) beers)....
Do you thinks de Loxjie A30 will get loud enough with the Q Acoustics 3020i speakers in this room?
Is there an better option amplifier/speakers for this room with my budget?

Drengur

Forum Donor
Hi, first time user on this forum. From the Netherlands. Excuses for my English.
Your English is very good, but English is not my first language either, so take from this what you will.

I would not worry at all regarding whether you can play loudly enough. You can check out this calculator, for instance: https://www.crownaudio.com/en/tools/calculators
This calculator even allows for putting in the desired headroom for those extra spicy Focus instrumentals.

Factory Team Gair

I bought a Loxjie A30 one week ago based on Amir's review. Only $185 on Amazon (US). I'm using it on my desktop with vintage KEF Q15.2 speakers. It sounds awesome! Thank you Amir.

Question on amplifier wattage: is this amplifier really outputting 80 wpc at 4 ohms / 40 wpc at 8 ohms? That seems excessive. My KEFs are rated at 8 ohms and 91 dB sensitivity at 1 meter; that's with 1 watt of power, right? My ears are about 2.5 feet from the speakers. I have to turn the A30 up to about 40-45 (out of 60) before my speakers get really truly loud. 30 is fairly loud but still comfortable; I still doubt 30 is producing 1 watt / 91 dB out of my KEFs. I'm mostly listening at in the 12-25 range, because this is a work/office setup and I'm trying to usually not focus on music. So, I have no problem at all. I'm just wondering if I crank the A30 up, are my KEFs really receiving close to 40 watts with this amp? i.e. at about 15 on the knob, the speakers are pretty quiet, and based on the 91 dB at 1 meter sensitivity, I think I'm generally drawing less than 1 watt of power most of the day. I do not have a dB meter. I suppose that would help.

Office is a tiny cube of a room with 7.5 foot ceilings. Kind of an audio nightmare, but I'm making it work as best I can (photo attached).

View attachment 182431
it's 40wpc @ 4ohms, 18wpc @8ohms. Should easily get 100dBSPL sitting right there. 40-50 on the dial for Loud sounds about right.

subam

I'm impressed with how cool this thing runs. Doesn't get warm whatsoever even after running all day. Meanwhile my yamaha wxa-50 still gets pretty warm like all class D amps.

Loxije's marketing claims this:
The power management algo-rithm dynamically adjusts switching frequency and modulation to optimize power loss and EMI across the output power range. Unparalleled power efficiency - optimized for music playback with very low power losses and cool operation.
It seems to be true. It seems like a big thing for class D amplifiers. It should allow for even smaller units, better longevity etc.

But as it comes with Chinese stuff, the general product design is lacking. Clunky display & controls, remote with unused buttons etc. Designed by engineers and bean counters not designers. At least the price is right.

pnobrega

Hi. Noob here.
I have my turntable with this amp, that until now only used with headphones. Also connected is a raspberry with a roon endpoint to listen to my HR library.
Now I'm going to add some speakers. Was just about to buy the Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 but I noticed they have 4 connections ( that I read is for bi wiring).

My question is: are these good speakers to use with this Amp? Can I even connect to it, since Lojxie only has 2 connections for the speakers?

Thanks

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Hi. Noob here.
I have my turntable with this amp, that until now only used with headphones. Also connected is a raspberry with a roon endpoint to listen to my HR library.
Now I'm going to add some speakers. Was just about to buy the Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 but I noticed they have 4 connections ( that I read is for bi wiring).

My question is: are these good speakers to use with this Amp? Can I even connect to it, since Lojxie only has 2 connections for the speakers?

Thanks
I think the 12.1 will be fine with the amp. Yes you can use it. Standard wiring is normal, and the two sets of terminals are joined with a metal bracket for standard wiring.

Zek

Major Contributor
If you don't have a metal bracket, use speaker wire and connect like this...
Screenshot 2022-04-16 at 19.11.35.png

Top Bottom