• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nordost Tyr 2 Review (USB Cable)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 494 96.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I can understand the hunger for gain, the frauds, all of that is in our society

Yep, but that don’t surprise me that much, the power of the greed is strong in this world. Me I was more trying to imagine this guy at the Nordst boot at a trade show hustling this stuff… Damn, how can you keep a straight face… that’s what my mind can’t register… So used to lie they come to believe that BS themselves? The human mind is fascinating…
I've experienced the wholesale, retail, and industrial sales of cabling and custom cabling solutions. I have no issue with a healthy profit margin so everybody can go home at the end of the day and earn enough. The issue for me is when the claims are not reality. To design, quote and then assemble and sell a 30m $20,000.00+ cable for connecting a petro-drill platform to a up/down link communications system is not unreasonable but selling a 1m USB 2.0 cable for $1200.00 is raping and pillaging. There's a big difference.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I expect a response from Nordost, anyway thanks for the bloody comparison, really surprising, but I'm not referring to the instrumental data but to the price difference, and to say that I spent 100 euros for an Audioquest cable!
Really? How would they respond do you think? Do you sell this crap?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
How are the false claims made by the manufacturer not illegal?
The sellers/vendors/manufacturers are using goobly gook terminology to describe the product. To determine that they intentionally deceive or are not providing something they expense the customer for is difficult.

Zensō

Major Contributor
The sellers/vendors/manufacturers are using goobly gook terminology to describe the product. To determine that they intentionally deceive or are not providing something they expense the customer for is difficult.
Yeah understood, plus there are bigger fish to fry, and so on. It’s still despicable and I hate to see it go unchecked.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
After all the new gear that I've handled over the years of selling and servicing audio gear I can imagine what the sales meetings with these guys look like. The mark-ups will have to be astronomical to attract the special type of buyers and sellers of this sort of hyped stuff. I imagine we are thinking along the lines of several multiples of $ cost to a sell price for both the manufacturer, the wholesaler and the retailer/etailer. Imagine buying a cable for maybe $500.00 and selling for ~$1200.00 at retail. They would have to be so profitable for people to sell them and continue hyping the gravy train.
I'd think $50 is more like it, and most of that $50 is spent on marketing the cable.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm,

Your measurements are limited by the USB cable that connects between your APx555 and your computer.

Thanks DT
You mean I waxed the AP USB cable for hours for nothing? I thought for sure it would speed up the transmission of electrons within it....

JSmith

Master Contributor
Guessing the one person who rated it golfing panther got conned into buying the cable.
I'm just hoping the owner of the cable is able to return it for a full refund based on misleading and demonstrably false claims...
I'd think $50 is more like it
I'd suggest $5... at most. :cool:

JSmith

DonR

Major Contributor
I just can't believe this as I have been assured by several posters here that there are "studies" that show a HUGE difference... although they never seem to be able to find those studies when asked for them. Clearly, the only explanation is that "your system is not resolving enough."

Top Bottom