• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with DAC , AMP/Dac , ex or intern soundcard decision.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
But I think with the ae9, for example, it sucks because of the hdmi. Confused. You mean the EVGA NU Audio Pro 7.1, 712-P1-AN21-KR, 7.1 Surround, Lifelike Audio
Didn't understand you there regarding AE-9. Yes I mean NU series, couple of which were mesured here so free free to search for reviews.

Edit:
Consider it only if you can find them dirty cheap (as you already have Creative with such price discount).

Last edited:
OP
P

Psypuuh

Didn't understand you there regarding AE-9. Yes I mean NU series, couple of which were mesured here so free free to search for reviews.
Yes, you wrote something about the ae9 regarding the HDMI cable, etc., maybe he translated that wrong for me too.I just ordered both and am testing your suggestions. And in the end, I choose which solution suits me best. I have 30 days to send them back before I have to pay, which is very convenient here. Anyway, thank you for being so patient with me.If there's anything else, I'll be sure to report back here. xD

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Well let me try to explain. There ware measurable difrences related to AVR's and same signal trogh HDMI line's and analog input pure direct line's (on those mesured hire) similar impact as USB loosing couple of dB. I wouldn't even know Creative used (standard layout) mini HDMI for connection to front (main external module) on AE-9 if it didn't broke for one of the members recently.

Have nice time and hopefully I see you, going to play something.

OP
P

Psypuuh

Well let me try to explain. There ware measurable difrences related to AVR's and same signal trogh HDMI line's and analog input pure direct line's (on those mesured hire) similar impact as USB loosing couple of dB. I wouldn't even know Creative used (standard layout) mini HDMI for connection to front (main external module) on AE-9 if it didn't broke for one of the members recently.

Have nice time and hopefully I see you, going to play something.
The translator again only spits out word salad which one cannot understand. What I understood that hdmi causes the same losses as usb has that been translated correctly? lg

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Yes (very simplified). English ain't my first language either so it's entirely possible (actually quite probable) that I make some errors writing which translation services aren't immune to, best regards.

OP
P

Psypuuh

Yes (very simplified). English ain't my first language either so it's entirely possible (actually quite probable) that I make some errors writing which translation services aren't immune to, best regards.
Dann habe nicht nur ich das Problem, das ist gut zu wissen . Gerade gesehen es gibt Optisch auf klinke converter ist das nicht ne gute lösung ? https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32828706980.html

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Dann habe nicht nur ich das Problem, das ist gut zu wissen . Gerade gesehen es gibt Optisch auf klinke converter ist das nicht ne gute lösung ? https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32828706980.html
No that's probably horrible solution and pore implemented one.
It's a good solution when you use optical link from not so good solution (your MB for example) to a proper good designed equipment (G6 or a good DAC for example) so that properly implemented good quality digital to analog converter (DAC) on it can do his thing and amplifier/hedaphone amplifier also.

OP
P

Psypuuh

No that's probably horrible solution and pore implemented one.
It's a good solution when you use optical link from not so good solution (your MB for example) to a proper good designed equipment (G6 or a good DAC for example) so that properly implemented good quality digital to analog converter (DAC) on it can do his thing and amplifier/hedaphone amplifier also.
Ah yes, that makes sense. So now that's enough of your time, I thank you for all the help and your time. I'm sorry if it was exhausting. Have a nice weekend, I'll get back to you when I've tested the 2. kind regards Benjamin

Top Bottom