• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
I added it to the Android list of EQ stuff. It looks very nice. :D
I know the guy, he rewritten the app at least three times so far and changed libs twice. All do it doesn't have PEQ (just fixed up to 32 band EQ) it has a comprehensive list of effects that many other lack. To me it's a best sounding regular player with regular Android audio driver.
Best regards.

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The lists are getting pretty convoluted (see what I did there?) with apps, players and hosts all jumbled together under the different OS headers. It was a bit better before when you had them separated out a bit. It would be difficult for a noob to decipher what does what as it currently is.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The lists are getting pretty convoluted (see what I did there?) with apps, players and hosts all jumbled together under the different OS headers. It was a bit better before when you had them separated out a bit. It would be difficult for a noob to decipher what does what as it currently is.
It's become a bit of a long list of players, EQ and PEQ stuff with effects too. I think that peeps coming here usually ask which is the best for their needs. I'll maybe revamp the categories as you suggest. The Linux stuff is a bit of a mind blower. It's very technical to get into the Linux stuff.

HighImpactAV

You have JRiver Media Center under Windows, but there are also Linux and MacOS versions available with full DSP.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You have JRiver Media Center under Windows, but there are also Linux and MacOS versions available with full DSP.
Okidoki. I added JRiver to Linux and MacOS. thank you for the heads up on that availability. :D

BoredErica

I currently use EqualizerApo and Foobar to listen to music. Is there a good and easy way to implement my own eq for particular tracks I play in Foobar? I want to use EqualizerApo's EQ by default and only use other eqs when a particular tracks plays, and switch back after it's done playing.
Thanks

shogo

Is any param eq like mathaudio, but with option to make window wider or select some fq range to determine the peak / dip more accurately? E,g, i found few narrow peaks in 7-10khz and want to stretch window with this range to full display wide.

Last edited:

TomB19

As best I can tell, the best PEQ for Android is the Qudelix 5K.

Is that a fair statement?

mightycicadalord

As best I can tell, the best PEQ for Android is the Qudelix 5K.

Is that a fair statement?

Probably not since it's a piece of hardware and I think the intention of the thread if provide solutions that work inside the OS. I think if we count that we have to count all the hardware eq rack units and such which makes the thread kinda moot.

threni

Major Contributor
In the interest of being comprehensive you could possibly tweak the description of moOde - under Linux - to point out that in addition to PEQ and EQ it also includes CamillaDSP.

Davide

I haven't seen anyone who mentioned it yet, but in my opinion this software is an end game for those who want to manage audio from a pc.
It provides routing functionality (matrix), supports WASAPI and ASIO inputs and outputs, and most importantly supports VST plugins.
Personally I have been looking for something like this for years and eventually found it by accident.

DS WASAPI ASIO Router Mixer

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I haven't seen anyone who mentioned it yet, but in my opinion this software is an end game for those who want to manage audio from a pc.
It provides routing functionality (matrix), supports WASAPI and ASIO inputs and outputs, and most importantly supports VST plugins.
Personally I have been looking for something like this for years and eventually found it by accident.

DS WASAPI ASIO Router Mixer
I added this to the list. Thank you for the link. MuchO appreciated. :D

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
In the interest of being comprehensive you could possibly tweak the description of moOde - under Linux - to point out that in addition to PEQ and EQ it also includes CamillaDSP.
I almost missed this one. I was reading a few posts back and realized that I never reacted to this post. So I added the additionally functionality as you suggested. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

Davide

I'd like to share this pieces of software too... basically are all audio router with DS/WASAPI/ASIO support, with other functìons like mixing, network interface, recording, ecc.
I've not tested those extensively but I'm sure someone will appreciate!

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd like to share this pieces of software too... basically are all audio router with DS/WASAPI/ASIO support, with other functìons like mixing, network interface, recording, ecc.
I've not tested those extensively but I'm sure someone will appreciate!

Are these softwares for DAW stuff?

Davide

Are these softwares for DAW stuff?
No they are standalone (but can Interface DAW with other software and hardware too).

Davide

Is there a EQ/PEQ? How do they tie in with equalization?
Not directly, but doing advanced signal processing on Windows may require a redirection of the signal to the effects/processor host, so in this they are useful. I didn't know how long I spent there looking for the best solution to apply system wide effects, and the basic problem was always how to redirect the signal.
They may not be very relevant, but I would like to contribute in some way.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not directly, but doing advanced signal processing on Windows may require a redirection of the signal to the effects/processor host, so in this they are useful. I didn't know how long I spent there looking for the best solution to apply system wide effects, and the basic problem was always how to redirect the signal.
They may not be very relevant, but I would like to contribute in some way.
So this would be like leading edge stuff where via a GUI different audio software(s) can be ported to each other or be redirected? ... and that can include a EQ/PEQ? Because if it is I'll make a new category within the EQ/PEQ thread.

Top Bottom