• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal clear cracking/metallic sound from left driver with deep bass.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey I just bought the Clear Mg Pros and have the Element II also. I actually bought it for these headphones I have to get a new amp apparently, thanks for the info.
A new amp as well as the element 2? Why?

Slichillax

A new amp as well as the element 2? Why?
Because I can't use a balanced cable with the Element II and apparently that's the issue. My Clears were bought on Ebay and unfortunately I do not have warranty so fixing them would end up costing a lot more I think. Also from what I'm reading in this thread, this is not considered defective by Focal, see post #16

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Because I can't use a balanced cable with the Element II and apparently that's the issue. My Clears were bought on Ebay and unfortunately I do not have warranty so fixing them would end up costing a lot more I think. Also from what I'm reading in this thread, this is not considered defective by Focal, see post #16
The issue is highly unlikely to be balanced vs unbalanced connection to the headphone. Based on the other posters situation, we can't rule out them having a faulty amp. Or faulty single ended cable /jack.

Slichillax

The issue is highly unlikely to be balanced vs unbalanced connection to the headphone. Based on the other posters situation, we can't rule out them having a faulty amp. Or faulty single ended cable /jack.
That's true but I'm not buying a new amp dac just because of this issue. I'm giving my brother the Element II so I'll need to buy something new anyway. I did contact Focal about the issue and we'll see what they say.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That's true but I'm not buying a new amp dac just because of this issue. I'm giving my brother the Element II so I'll need to buy something new anyway. I did contact Focal about the issue and we'll see what they say.
Fair enough. The Clears really don't need much to drive them so a decent single ended amp would be fine.

Top Bottom