• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D40 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 42 17.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 184 78.6%

• Total voters
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
BTW, fidelity requirement for headphones is higher than stereo system since headphones can block noise, have very high efficiency, and get quite loud. You may not hear noise from a speaker 10 feet away but surely will with an IEM stuffed in your ear!

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it heavy and well build or just good looking?

From this site' information, for Loxjie D40.
1645308812500.png

I did not search/find a photo of its internals.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
index.php

Is this some sort of a non-binary marriage of the golfer PinkPanther?
For which, I did not get an invite!:confused:

Crohnic

I hope we get to see some measurements of the Dan Clark Audio Stealth soon ;)

Dzhaughn

I agree in principal but you have the wrong component. The headphone game changer was Quedlix 5k, which offers PEQ and crossfeed with iOS control (along with USB or Bluetooth audio input) for less than the cost of a nice dinner. It basically exposed the whole >100 USD headphone DAC and DAC/amp markets as pointless me-too wastes of time with no real thought to improved fidelity. Including the one measured here.

If you want a fixed desktop setup that can drive any good wired headphones to their optimal performance at any volume level, use one as a DAC to a big bore analog desktop amp. Like this:

View attachment 187808

Missed that review. A very interesting product, and cheap cheap cheap! Dac is mediocre relative to the Flex, I spose, but I'd bite.

Too bad it is not for sale.

Googling reveals a minidsp competitor!

Other competitors?

Last edited:

KxDx

I hope we get to see some measurements of the Dan Clark Audio Stealth soon ;)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
their case design
Personally, not much of a fan of such "clam-shell' designs... they are a (b*tch) female dog to figure out how to open up (disassemble) w/o a service manual or a rotisserie.;) Possibly leading to additional manufacturing and assembly costs.

soekris

Personally, not much of a fan of such "clam-shell' designs... they are a (b*tch) female dog to figure out how to open up (disassemble) w/o a service manual or a rotisserie.;) Possibly leading to additional manufacturing and assembly costs.
Actually very easy, remove four screws on bottem, slide top off.... Unlike t.ex the Meridian DACmagic, had to use google to figure that one out....
And easy to assemble during manufacturing, with no visible screws....

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
index.php

I believe I saw this same creature at the Beijing Olympics.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
index.php

Well, there is a marriage but it is forced. I got audited by EEOC (Equality Employment Opportunity Commission). They naturally arrived at the conclusion that my hiring of models is not diverse as it is limited to one skin color (pink) and race (panther). They will start to fine me soon if I don't remedy this. It is the year of Tiger in Chinese calendar so I decided to go with that and yellow color. So I am now diverse in two dimensions!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I believe I saw this same creature at the Beijing Olympics.
So, you must be that SINGLE person that is watching the Olympics this year!
It is the year of Tiger
P1100619.JPG

Somehow, because I became the collector of weird mythical creatures, I was gifted this set few dozen years ago.
Every year, I get a reminder to change the figurine to the correct one.
imo, my figurine (in the middle) looks more like a tiger than that thing that is sitting atop of the Loxjie.
You can observe how old the rabbit pelt is outside where the belljar lays.

laudio

It is a desktop product so it is sized that way. You can use in a stereo system of course but that is not its main focus.

I had the measurements wrong, got it. Have to wonder sometime if desktop is main focus why remote is even needed though. Somebody just please make a state of art DAC in standard component form factor. Add in DSP too please :)

PeteL

Major Contributor
I had the measurements wrong, got it. Have to wonder sometime if desktop is main focus why remote is even needed though. Somebody just please make a state of art DAC in standard component form factor. Add in DSP too please :)
When you say « standard » you are looking for a 18 inches wide DAC? to be stacked or rack mounted? It’s not really common really but what are you trying to achieve? It doesn’t take much space doing a good DAC, theyare small components that don’t really agree with this form, unless you want more feature, like pro targetted multichannel audio interfaces but they are more than a DAC. I think tough that most classic « type« hifi do have wide DACs, like Bryston, McIntosh, things like that.

HifMAn

As always, good graphics but no sound? Are you still listening to the measurements?

Top Bottom