• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Klipsch RP 600M, Left speaker measures different than the Right .

andreas_R

Equipment : Rew , Umik 1 , RP 600m
Both speakers 0db volume , set as Large
I recently bought rp 600m in order to use them as surrounds to my setup . RP 6000F mains , 600C center .
Today i was trying to eq my system manually , everything was ok until i reached Right surround , first mesurement was about 5db lower than the left from the crossover point till 15Khz . Repeated the measurement many times , same result . In order to match the frequency response i had to boost right surround speaker 4db at 2,5Khz and 4 db at 6,5Khz. Firstly i thought that i was dealing with room acoustics or bad wiring . I was wrong , when i swapped speakers "problem" stayed with the speaker. This time left surround measures lower than right surround .
I took many measurements , including 1 m from each speaker , 20cm from both tweeters , i took measurements even inside the wave guides , placed both speakers on the floor facing each other with the umik among them, results were the same , always the "problematic" speaker was measuring lower than the other .

ORIGINAL MEASUREMENT, when i understood that something was wrong
prob original.jpg

ONE MORE

again.jpg

inverted.jpg

floor.jpg

eq.jpg

What should i do now ? Should i contact Klipsch support ? Will they even recognise the problem ? Doupt if an average user could understand that something is off .
Thanks god i had a Umik and i tried to eq them .
Any additional actions i should take in order to be 100% sure that the problem exists ?

Last edited:

theyellowspecial

Forum Donor
Contact Klipsch. Otherwise, if you only plan on ever using them for surround, it's probably nothing to worry about after EQ. I'd be satisfied with the EQ'd results for surrounds.

OP
A

andreas_R

Contact Klipsch. Otherwise, if you only plan on ever using them for surround, it's probably nothing to worry about after EQ. I'd be satisfied with the EQ'd results for surrounds.
I worry about the total 8 db boost

garyrc

Yes, do contact Klipsch.

I'm tempted to say, "close enough for rock and roll." But, see what Klipsch says.

If "normal variation," consider Audyssey or Dirac to try to equalize the sides with EQ.

Or exchange one speaker at the dealer.

Top Bottom