• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magico M9

noiseangel

A5 all aluminum enclosure measured by Stereophile, is that dead enough for you?
View attachment 185526
No thats not what I asked. I simply asked what was the material density they compared it to. They don't state that and you have shown another graph with no context. We all know this is Audio SCIENCE Review. Where is the science in that graph? It sounds like you know what the MDF was so can you tell the rest of us please?

BobR

No thats not what I asked. I simply asked what was the material density they compared it to. They don't state that and you have shown another graph with no context. We all know this is Audio SCIENCE Review. Where is the science in that graph? It sounds like you know what the MDF was so can you tell the rest of us please?
It's a website. Its purpose is to convey information in the easiest, fastest way possible to the common public. It manage to do that quite well. If you are looking for a scientific white paper, you'll have to look elsewhere.

noiseangel

I have written to Magico and asked them the question. I am not being a smart arse but I take advertising with a grain of salt. Anyone living in the US would be familiar with all the medicine ads on TV. A happy smiling lady with Arthritis playing with the grandchildren, followed by 10 minutes of possible side effects from the drug. That's advertising. And I dont believe 32mm MDF resonates that poorly and unless someone here does a youtube video showing the spectral decay of 32mm MDF then I simply don't believe what's in Magicos' sales brochure.

noiseangel

It's a website. Its purpose is to convey information in the easiest, fastest way possible to the common public. It managed to do that quite well. If you look for a scientific white paper, you'll have to look elsewhere.
They are $700000 Bob. I guess if you have 700k for a pair of speakers then you probably wouldn't give a toss about the glossy brochure or the information contained in it. 700k is not for the common public.

bo_knows

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I doubt that you are referring to the same reasons here.

In my experience, the sense of „scale“ with large speakers can be a psychological effect. You can have large sounding speakers that are physically big or relatively compact, it‘s all about bass extension and dispersion.
Which these speakers have in spades. ;)

kongwee

Major Contributor
I have written to Magico and asked them the question. I am not being a smart arse but I take advertising with a grain of salt. Anyone living in the US would be familiar with all the medicine ads on TV. A happy smiling lady with Arthritis playing with the grandchildren, followed by 10 minutes of possible side effects from the drug. That's advertising. And I dont believe 32mm MDF resonates that poorly and unless someone here does a youtube video showing the spectral decay of 32mm MDF then I simply don't believe what's in Magicos' sales brochure.
Which loudspeaker use 32mm MDF?

BobR

stereophile is full of examples of "MDF resonates that poorly". You don't have to take Magico word for that.
They are $700000 Bob. I guess if you have 700k for a pair of speakers then you probably wouldn't give a toss about the glossy brochure or the information contained in it. 700k is not for the common public.
That's right, such life, isn't it a pity ;)

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Which loudspeaker use 32mm MDF?
DIY !

aino box in.jpg
AINOgradient nopaint s.jpg

Last edited:

lherrm

Honestly for 700K I'd rather buy a house, at some point it's just too much no matter how good it sounds
Maybe the person already has plenty of houses, and/or 700k is pocket money for him.

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Spend the money on a properly constructed room ( massive passive absorption) then you can choose any speakers you like.
Keith

MarkWinston

"I wouldnt buy it even if I was a billionaire." Things would drastically change if you were one. 700,000 is small change to a billion dollars.

MarkWinston

I know Amir wouldnt trade his Salon 2 for the 8361a, and the Salon 2 is 'just' a 20k speaker. So comparing the M9 to any 8××× genelec dont make much sense here.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
These speakers are not intended for you wealthy Audiophiles but those who have the class who buy Patek Philippe. The question it seems to me is: for the price, is this speaker better than an aria 948, 20 times better.
The room we don't care. Monegasque apartments are full of speakers of the cabasse sphere type without acoustic treatment.

Eetu

Forum Donor
No speaker is "20 times better" than another. In a niche hobby like ours we are happy to shell out money for 1%, 2% better. Besides with this speaker you are not buying (only) sound quality, but bragging rights, a conversation piece, a collectible, a sculpture etc.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
No speaker is "20 times better" than another. In a niche hobby like ours we are happy to shell out money for 1%, 2% better. Besides with this speaker you are not buying (only) sound quality, but bragging rights, a conversation piece, a collectible, a sculpture etc.
This speakers is not destined to be sold to the niche hobby called audiophile.
What is the margin made by magico on this coat hanger?

Top Bottom