• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Digione Player

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
So I am looking for a good/stable streamer to use with my Android phone and BubbleUPnP with Qobuz.

The Digione Player seems like a perfect, affordable solution...but I don't know which OS to get.

If I want to stream to the Digione Player using BubbleUPnp (connected to my Qobuz account), which OS option should I choose?
And does the Digione Player support 24/196kHz playback through Bubble UPnP?

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So I am looking for a good/stable streamer to use with my Android phone and BubbleUPnP with Qobuz.

The Digione Player seems like a perfect, affordable solution...but I don't know which OS to get.

If I want to stream to the Digione Player using BubbleUPnp (connected to my Qobuz account), which OS option should I choose?
And does the Digione Player support 24/196kHz playback through Bubble UPnP?
Perhaps this coul be a solution for you:

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Perhaps this coul be a solution for you:

That would be my second choice due to price. If the Digione Player will do what I want it seems like a good solution. Just want to confirm

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
So, If I get the Allo DigiOne Player with Volumio OS, will it support up to 24/192kHz playback of Qobuz using the BubbleUPnP app?

Fahzz

Forum Donor
I used Max2Play with LMS on a digione. worked great, and has a Qobuz plugin. Now I'm on an Allo Boss 2 player thanks to Amir's favorable review, still using Max2Play. There is a small license fee for Max2Play.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I used Max2Play with LMS on a digione. worked great, and has a Qobuz plugin. Now I'm on an Allo Boss 2 player thanks to Amir's favorable review, still using Max2Play. There is a small license fee for Max2Play.
How was the digione (or even the Boss 2) in terms of stability? Did it need unplugged/power cycled often or was always ready to go when you wanted to stream to it?

Fahzz

Forum Donor
How was the digione (or even the Boss 2) in terms of stability? Did it need unplugged/power cycled often or was always ready to go when you wanted to stream to it?
Either one always powered on. Sometimes an LMS update would crash it, but unplug it , plug it in, and back in business. Otherwise no problem.
You might want to check more about LMS at https://forums.slimdevices.com/ and its UPnP capabilities for your specific requirements.

amper42

Major Contributor

I'm using RPi4 (Moode) connected to RME ADI-2 to NC502MP in my office with Audirvana streaming to it from the MacBook Pro. I love the Audirvana interface. It streams Qobuz or my local CD rips to the RPi4 all from the same interface. Once every few days the RPI4 will get confused and unplug/plug the RPi4 for a restart corrects the issue.

I also have Boss2 upstairs. It's biggest issue is the blue aluminum case significantly interferes with the RPi4 on-board wifi signal. I wouldn't buy a Boss2 unless I got the USB wifi stick with it, ran it without the aluminum top on or only planned to use it connected to an ethernet cable. Otherwise, it's a very reliable, great sounding RPI4 streamer with a built-in DAC. It's a nice option.

Most of the RPi4 operating systems will support streaming Qobuz from your phone via UPnP. However, in some cases the Qobuz app will automatically downshift output to CD quality instead of 24/192kHz. Using a computer with a UPnP player like Audirvana, Roon, others will eliminate the bandwidth downshift. However, you may not be able to hear an audible difference?

Volumio Premium supports native Qobuz/Tidal support for $100 a year but I prefer Audirvana's interface. LMS is known to be a bit more technical to setup than Moode. But many really like it and it supports Qobuz.

In my office near the router the RPi4 works flawlessly. But, I have a spot in the basement where I had random internet connection issues with the RPi4 wifi. I finally gave up and now have an old MBP directly connected to the ADI-2 DAC via USB and I control it with screen sharing. There are lots of ways you can stream Qobuz. :D

Last edited:

adam2434

OP, what equipment do you have downstream from the renderer/streamer?

FYI, in one system, I use a cheap Sony Bluray player (S6700 connected with ethernet cable) as an OpenHome renderer with BubbleUPnP server. The Bluray player will pass Qobuz tracks up to 192 kHz via HDMI to a Denon AVR, but coax output is limited to 48 kHz.

adam2434

Trinnov AV Processor with HDMI inputs?

If so, the Bluray player via HDMI option would work.

If the Trinnov had network DLNA/UPnP capabilities, it could be the renderer. In another system, I use a Marantz AV Processor in this way.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Trinnov AV Processor with HDMI inputs?

If so, the Bluray player via HDMI option would work.

If the Trinnov had network DLNA/UPnP capabilities, it could be the renderer. In another system, I use a Marantz AV Processor in this way.
Trinnov Altitude 16, which also has Digital inputs (Coax and Optical)

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does the Trinnov have a built in streaming endpoint? Can you plug a network cable into one of the network ports and use Chromecast or Airplay or other DLNA protocol?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Does the Trinnov have a built in streaming endpoint? Can you plug a network cable into one of the network ports and use Chromecast or Airplay or other DLNA protocol?
Good call. Emailed Trinnov and in fact it can act as the endpoint. The rep I spoke to uses mConnect on his phone to stream Tidal and Qobuz straight to the Trinnov.

Side note: Trinnov customer support is SUPER QUICK

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Yes. It is also a ROON endpoint.

Good call. Emailed Trinnov and in fact it can act as the endpoint. The rep I spoke to uses mConnect on his phone to stream Tidal and Qobuz straight to the Trinnov.

Side note: Trinnov customer support is SUPER QUICK

One of the plusses is just how fast and thoroughly Trinnov responds. One reason for going direct; my experience with Harman support for my SDP-75 has been spotty.

Top Bottom