• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Best 4K OLED TV just got a big price cut!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I can wait another year.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Good, then delete those last few posts that are terrible, from #12 to the end.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It's your thread, You may have that power of censorship.

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Also. Does one really need a 4K TV?

View attachment 16259

I think what becomes more important than resolution is dynamic range, «blackness», light capacity and other features. 4K comes with all that.

Having said that, I think my last generation Kuro 60 inch TV from 2009 still is competitive. So many tech abbreviations are more marketing than of use value.

Wombat

Master Contributor
I think off-topic began at post #13.
I think what becomes more important than resolution is dynamic range, «blackness», light capacity and other features. 4K comes with all that.

Having said that, I think my last generation Kuro 60 inch TV from 2009 still is competitive. So many tech abbreviations are more marketing than of use value.

I would still be happy with my 14 y.o. Panasonic plasma TV if it wasn't for the intrusive burn-in.

Can the modern LED TVs match it for picture quality?

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
These are great times to be an AV lover, I'm personally more excited at the thought of "affordable" laser projectors without pixel shifting.

Would love to see OLED make its way to ultrawide gaming monitors with GSync, high refresh rates and low latency. I suspect we're still 4-5 years away from that.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I highly recommend that you all visit your local video dealers and check where today we are with picture technology, with OLED amazing picture quality.

I understand the nostalgia and romance and cool retro past of analog vinyl and plasma Kuro TV, but you owe to yourself to also expand your vision, sincerely, you are going to be truly impressed by LG OLED C8 TV.
Is it perfect for only $2,000? Yes! It's the very best, better than any plasma TV, better blacks around, amazing fidelity for the eyes, colors, dynamics, all that top visual experience when watching films and documentaries that have been filmed and transferred in 4K. Get a new Panasonic 4K BR player with it and be ready to step into a new magic world in your own cinéma maison.

I started this thread with connoisseurs and amateurs in mind. I am surprised, because unlike the advancements today in spinning analog albums in the new advanced turntables, OLED TVs is a newer video technology leaps beyond anything from the past.
The LG C8 is also available in the 77" Class, for people who sit around 8 to 10 feet from their TV display.

Please visit your local video stores, or read the reviews, of read the owner's comments.
But best go check for yourself and compare with your plasma TV.

All of you are audio scientists, looking for the best music sound, or in mono, or in stereo, or in multichannel digital. You can also be video scientists with the best TV's measurements, tests, picture quality, excellent monetary value...the LG C8 is one of them, @ the very top of picture quality, like the Oppo 205 is/was for audio quality.

We age not talking expsnsive audio and video here, we are talking the best available today in performance and superb value. Plasma was the best, OLED is now the best.

How much did you pay for your 65" plasma TV ten years ago...$5,000, $3,000, $1,000?
Go check what $2,000 buy you today when scientifically shopping for top performance and value on the video side of the music entertainment world. Because with 4K HDR Blu-ray movies there is also a high res music score. ...And with 4K Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos streaming.

I understand the love we have for our children, since they were babies, for our Plasma TV sets, since we purchased them. That love is multifold today with OLED, with LG, with a 65" 4K UHD HDR/Dolby Vision TV, to play your 4K UHD HDR Blu-ray movie discs.
Panasonic has a new player, the 820, $499 MSRP, which is a perfect match with any 4K HDR TVs, with OLED, with LCD LED too, with 4K front projectors too.
And with 4K front projectors you can still play your 3D Blu-ray movie collection.

Go to your local video store, and bring with you your eyes.

Top Bottom