• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cybershaft Platinum Review (External Clock & PS)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 168 87.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Pattern

Apt name..

Chester

What is the benefit suggested?

A pedantic cross examination in order to achieve a personal feeling of one-upmanship has been played out a thousand times on this forum, as well as most others. Boring.

Let’s get back on topic. This product seems to make things worse and costs a lot of money. Shameless.

PeteL

Major Contributor
A pedantic cross examination in order to achieve a personal feeling of one-upmanship has been played out a thousand times on this forum, as well as most others. Boring.

Let’s get back on topic. This product seems to make things worse and costs a lot of money. Shameless.
OK, having a bad day? if my goal is to achieve a "feeling of one-upmanship" (sure) may I know what's yours? I honestly don't get neither what it brings to the discussion answering to an honest real question by ridiculing it and answering something absurd only to express cynicism. We all know here that a device like that won't make anything sound better, the point is made and confirmed, the question was not about that.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
The device is supposedly a precision clock.

But, there's nothing in this review about the accuracy of the absolute frequency, the inherent jitter in the clock itself (not a downstream connected D/A converter) or the short/long term drift. At least connect a frequency counter on the thing and confirm it's 10.000MHz.

3125b

Major Contributor
Does that even matter? Making no difference in the DACs output is the best it can do - and it did just that.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Maybe it's time to stop testing wasting time on these things.
No, it isn't time for that. We can say something doesn't work but the message doesn't travel nearly as well as showing it with data.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Does that even matter? Making no difference in the DACs output is the best it can do - and it did just that.

I don't care about one random D/A converter's output. I want to know if the clock is accurate, stable and jitter free from a technical perspective.

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
No, it isn't time for that. We can say something doesn't work but the message doesn't travel nearly as well as showing it with data.
I would say it's worth it, and the message is working, one product at a time.

1643240985415.png

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
Not willing to minimise in no way the popularity of ASR, but you know that google knows your browsing habits right?

I do, which is why I use duckduckgo.com as much as possible. Also use Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin and Facebook Container in FireFox.

ASR is pretty good (thanks @amirm)

1643242291884.png

It's about all I can do without a VPN.

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
And if you're an athiest?
Why worry. If your an athiest your long term future is doomed in any case. LOL

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Not willing to minimise in no way the popularity of ASR, but you know that google knows your browsing habits right?
Only ads are influenced by your browsing history. "Organic" search results are not. Those are ranked based on popularity of the general internet around those keywords. In other words, everyone would see the same ranking for those keywords.

Top Bottom