• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good Dac / Nice DAC and VU meter

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You could always use a Raspberry Pi hdmi mini monitor or Arduino OLED micro panel to hack together your own digital VU meters/visualizers. Not sure if this is what you want, but it's very affordable and a lot of fun. Enough tutorials out there to make it relatively easy to do.

h.jpg

maxresdefault-29.jpg

d72c67bd8a93071e78a3559e9c313558.jpg

image-3.jpg

maxresdefault-30.jpg

OP
The French

The French

The T+A HA200 is clearly a must have...for those who can afford such a piece of equipment.
The VU Meters are not the only great things it has to offer.
Plus, it's simply very nice, from every angle.
TA_HA_200_news_ONmag_2.jpg

But I'm clearly not ready to spend that much, knowing that my ears won't hear how superior is it ;).

I've ordered a cheaper DAC/Amp, even cheaper as I've bought it on the second hand market.
I will say which one as soon as it has arrived. Soon enough I hope.

OP
The French

The French

20220125_221508.jpg

Just received the little thing above.
Clearly not as sexy as many others (I thought it was bigger), but sexy enough for me. That Orange Analyser is captivating. :D

Soundwise, no audible differences with my Topping E30+A50s combo so far.
But it's way nicer.
Digital Volume is also a must have. I hate having to adjust Volume without knowing exactly where am I. Specially as I frequently change HP, with very differents sensitivity.
I'm also gonna play with EQ, even if I've got Peace already installed and configured. At least I'll be able to output Bitperfect..then EQ. But sure it will change anything.

capitanharlock

Great choice, got a Matrix mini-i3, but still think I should have bought this one.

OP
The French

The French

Great choice, got a Matrix mini-i3, but still think I should have bought this one.

I was initially going to buy the Matrix Mini I3 pro, mainly for the streaming capabilities. But I'm not a Roon user, and it seems to be made for Roon users only.

capitanharlock

I was initially going to buy the Matrix Mini I3 pro, mainly for the streaming capabilities. But I'm not a Roon user, and it seems to be made for Roon users only.
That's it.
I use it mainly with Roon.
If you don't use Roon better to choose something else, you lose some features.

WillBrink

The only one tested I'm aware of wrecked the signal well into audible levels. I agree they look cool, though
As prior response said, use mic in the unit for visual effects, don't use with RCAs, problem solved.

soundofsingle

The T+A HA200 is clearly a must have...for those who can afford such a piece of equipment.
The VU Meters are not the only great things it has to offer.
Plus, it's simply very nice, from every angle.
TA_HA_200_news_ONmag_2.jpg

But I'm clearly not ready to spend that much, knowing that my ears won't hear how superior is it ;).

I've ordered a cheaper DAC/Amp, even cheaper as I've bought it on the second hand market.
I will say which one as soon as it has arrived. Soon enough I hope.
My children with VU Meters

Attachments

• 20220326_182110.jpg
    20220326_182110.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 151

adin

Reviving this thread. Anyone know of a pre/DAC with VU-meter? (either analog or on a screen) :)
I'm looking too, I found something from eversolo z8...https://www.eversolo.com/Product/index/model/DAC-Z8/target/PfjRkwqbV7FKKmVViAFMcQ%3D%3D.html

Attachments

• eversolo.jpg
    eversolo.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 100

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I'm looking too, I found something from eversolo z8...https://www.eversolo.com/Product/index/model/DAC-Z8/target/PfjRkwqbV7FKKmVViAFMcQ%3D%3D.html

That looked quite nice actually! Not a very familiar brand though. Thanks!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Lynx Hilo, had vu meters as one option on the front screen.
Keith

Top Bottom