• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Food/snacks/candy that would literally be the death of you...

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
... if you had zero impulse control.

I'll go first:

1. Marzipan loafs, chocolate covered.
Can't stop eating this stuff. Not sure what would kill me first; stomach rupture or hydrogen cyanide poisoning.

Marcipanbroed-delt-1.jpg

2. Plain salted potatoe crisps/chips (a bit of crushed pepper doesn't hurt).
As I've grown older my cravings has shifted drastically from sweet to salty. My grandfarther on my farthers side practically ate salt like it was candy and lived to be nearly 100 years old. Keeping my fingers crossed he passed those genes to me.
Chips_salt_peber_2_grande.jpg

3. Salted liquorice.
I think it's a Scandinavian thing. Absolutely love liquorice that gives you instant osteoporosis and/or blood pressure that breaks the meter.
One of my favorites is Super Piratos.
img.php.jpg

And I got a jar of these for Christmas (Svenskjävlar!). They are delicious. Thank you Sweden!
Svenskjavlar.jpg

4. Green olives with almonds. Soooo goood!
macarico-gronne-oliven-med-mandler.jpg

5. A local(?) dish called 'Stægt Flæsk med Persillesovs' (Fried pork with parsley sauce)
Slices of pork, fried to a crisp +lightly salted and served with boiled potatoes and a béchamel sauce that's been saturated with chopped parsley.
Very simple dish (some might say primitive), but stupidly tasty, and you will have a hard time finding a Danish cook book that doesn't contain the recipe.
unnamed.jpg

What do you think taste so good that it ought to be illegal?

DHT 845

LCHF rulez !!!

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Curry. Doesn't have to be super spicy, but a nice Dhansak is hard to beat.

iu

Onion Bhaji - spiced onion fritters

iu

Kulcha Bread / Naan

iu

My mouth is already watering.
I could eat bhaji and pakoras until the bursting point. I had a couple of Gujaratis working for me, and they turned me on to what is now my favorite snack, khandvi.

OP
Killingbeans

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
OMG, yes! Forgot about Haribo gummy bears. Can't get enough of those either... the real one with sugar, not these:

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
I could eat bhaji and pakoras until the bursting point. I had a couple of Gujaratis working for me, and they turned me on to what is now my favorite snack, khandvi.

Checks to see how far you are from NH ...

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Curry. Doesn't have to be super spicy, but a nice Dhansak is hard to beat.

iu

Onion Bhaji - spiced onion fritters

iu

Kulcha Bread / Naan

iu

This looks so good, wish i could try it. And some beer, yes and as dessert a tequilla
My mouth is already watering.

That looks nice! Iam sure, beer would fit

Man this looks so good, wish i could taste it. With some beer and a tequila as desert.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Top Bottom