• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone know what different it makes if you change the buffer size or what the safe mode box does? I change mine to 2048 with the safe mode off and I think it's slightly better.
Enabling "safe mode" increases the number of samples relating to Output Latency. What player are you using?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Qobuz app.
You can choose which DAC on the Qobuz app to achieve bit perfect but don't think one can choose either Wasapi or ASIO on the app-I assume that will have to be chosen on the laptop? Not sure-someone else maybe can answer that.

Eddy H.

You can choose which DAC on the Qobuz app to achieve bit perfect but don't think one can choose either Wasapi or ASIO on the app-I assume that will have to be chosen on the laptop? Not sure-someone else maybe can answer that.
It's in the app.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's in the app.
It is? Where is it? I've never seen that option. I don't use the app but am curious-I use Audirvana.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's in the speaker looking symbol in the bottom right corner in the app.
Thanks-just saw it. That kind of makes paying for Audirvana obsolete for streaming Qobuz.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just tried the trial of Audirvana. It's quite a program. My old laptop sure doesn't like to run it through. Lol I think I'll stick with Foobar.
Yes, it's resource-hungry. I am using an old PC and at times it stutters when several programs are running at the same time.

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning

mocenigo

Major Contributor
Nevertheless, it is a matter of realising that potential.
And the cost of development/engineering has been fairly well explained already in this thread.

Yes. It takes effort.

But why is all this stuff rehashed in every DAC review thread?
And every time there is yet another attempt by a science/psychology denier.

Well, there always are. Some people just need to deny science to avoid feeling insecure about a 25.000 USD DAC.

Top Bottom