• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hiby R2, R3 Pro (saber), R5

Spring80

Hello. I am looking to buy a player Hiby R2, R3 Pro (Saber), R5. The player is needed mainly on the road (sometimes for home, as an external DAC). Therefore, I do not consider R6 (heavy), R5 will fit in size. I listen mainly to heavy music (metal, metalcore, hardcore). Several questions have accumulated. R2, as I understand it, is quite simple (at the level of an external usb DAC), so it most likely disappears (correct if this is not the case). R3 is already more interesting, but they said that the DAC in Saber is worse, so Pro is better. So the question is: is the Pro sound really better? And also enough Hiby music (or would it be better if there was an android UAPP)? R5, the sound is better than all previous ones, android, balanced 4.4. What can you advise?

karthik7000

Any idea if the crossfader works on the R2 I cannot get it to function or is that not a cross fade in the conventional sense ?

agnimukha

Any idea if the crossfader works on the R2 I cannot get it to function or is that not a cross fade in the conventional sense ?
Although MQA is not a listed feature, the AP80 Pro does appear to support playback of MQA files. I’m unclear whether this is fully decoded or rendered. Please suggest me

biniek

Does it output the signal via usb to external dac?
Is it possible to use it as transport to dac?

rarewolf

I’m interested in the R5 gen2. Is anyone familiar with how UAP (high-res Bluetooth) is implemented? It’s stated to be 2-way. If the R5 is the source, what is an example of the client?

Top Bottom