• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS SB-2000 Pro vs SB-3000 Subwoofer Review

MartinCooke

I am sorry to say this but, if there is a problem in your system with 3 different subs (out of 3), I would be looking at your system and/or house wiring. I do not believe that SVS is perfect but it is hard to think that they could stay in business if this was typical of their quality control.

They recently sent me the three I have now (2 x SB3000 and 1 x SB2000Pro) and all three are silent. The noise I referred to earlier was the fault of an XLR-to-RCA adapter that I had on the SB2000Pro but it disappeared with a change of that adapter.

I hope you find something compatible.

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't 3 out of 3, the 2000 was silent, it's only the 3000 that was faulty so i'm guessing if the 2000 was running as it should my house wiring is fine.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Thanks for the reply. It wasn't 3 out of 3, the 2000 was silent, it's only the 3000 that was faulty so i'm guessing if the 2000 was running as it should my house wiring is fine.
1 out of 3 success is still not good.

luma91

Regarding the high pitch noise from the subwoofer. I have an SB1000 pro, and an interesting solution I saw online was plugging in a usb device into the usb port on the back of the sub. The sound went away with a usb flashdrive.

Very interesting!

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
Online where, please? One page above in post #148 o in another forum?

luma91

Online where, please? One page above in post #148 o in another forum?
Yes it was on reddit, I have had a usb plugged in now for a few days and its been fine. Can no longer hear any unwanted noise coming from the sub

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
I feel like cea 2010 numbers and comparison charts were becoming popular and at some point a lot of the info was scrubbed from the internet.
I did my best to find all previously removed CEA2010 numbers (for all reviewers, not just Erin) and added them to my 'subwoofer comparison' spreadsheet. You're welcome.

For example, didn't there used to be a lot more measurements in Erin's spreadsheet?
Do you mean Erin's spreadsheet? If so, Erin removed the CEA2010 data for SVS (after he found out a big discrepancy in one of the SVS subs).
If you look at my spreadsheet, I made a special note of these SVS subs and crossed the CEA2010 data out like this. However, the data is still there if you wish to look at it.

Why is the video unlisted?
I'm guessing you're talking about Erin's video?
It has to do with the SVS error I mentioned above.

Overall, I don't see anything wrong with how Erin handled it. He found some mistake(s), took down the data, until he can re-confirm the results.
When exactly he's going to retest them, I don't know. But of course, nothing can be retested if the weather doesn't allow for it. So i'm guessing sometime in the summer.

Prolix

Forum Donor
I did my best to find all previously removed CEA2010 numbers (for all reviewers, not just Erin) and added them to my 'subwoofer comparison' spreadsheet. You're welcome.
Thank you. I actually tried to delete my post right away after realizing I missed the mark a bit but I wasn't quick enough.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If so, Erin removed the CEA2010 data for SVS (after he found out a big discrepancy in one of the SVS subs).
Can you elaborate on what the big discrepancy he found was? Any links? I'm curious as to what the issue was as several of us had pointed out that the results seemed inconsistent with other measurements.

Thanks
Wayne

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Can you elaborate on what the big discrepancy he found was? Any links? I'm curious as to what the issue was as several of us had pointed out that the results seemed inconsistent with other measurements.

Thanks
Wayne

That was it.

The details is that my mic sensitivity was wrong on a portion of my testing which was the LF. I split the testing up into two separate operations so the mid-bass wouldn’t just run forever (once the limiter kicks in, there’s no “fail” per the thresholds and thus the test runs until it hits the highest voltage. Combine that with noise floor stuff and it’s more efficient for me to split them up). That’s why some of my results were fine and the other part was not.

Why/how was the mic sensitivity wrong? NFC. Maybe I fat fingered something. But I learned from it.

IOW, I f*cked up. That’s why I took the data and video down and plan to re-test one day. Not sure when.

David_M

I just bought the SB 2K Pro 2 weeks ago. I like it and was thinking of getting the SB3K for $200 more. Are you all saying that's a no-no due to the hiss issue (which I'd hate to have of course)?

EffectiveZed

That was it.

The details is that my mic sensitivity was wrong on a portion of my testing which was the LF. I split the testing up into two separate operations so the mid-bass wouldn’t just run forever (once the limiter kicks in, there’s no “fail” per the thresholds and thus the test runs until it hits the highest voltage. Combine that with noise floor stuff and it’s more efficient for me to split them up). That’s why some of my results were fine and the other part was not.

Why/how was the mic sensitivity wrong? NFC. Maybe I fat fingered something. But I learned from it.

IOW, I f*cked up. That’s why I took the data and video down and plan to re-test one day. Not sure when.
Hey Erin, I enjoy your YT content. Just wanted to ask why the SB-3000 LF measurements were affected but the SB-2000 Pro weren't.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Why is that? Why doesn’t he post on ASR anymore?
It's been discussed on this thread.
Basically, the fact that Erin started adding his affiliate links to all of his reviews (from a long time ago), it eventually (after several months) didn't sit right with ASR's mission of no affiliate links.
So Erin got banned from ASR.
You'll still see his previous posts since all posts were just frozen, but you can't contact him on ASR anymore.

yodog

It's been discussed on this thread.
Basically, the fact that Erin started adding his affiliate links to all of his reviews (from a long time ago), it eventually (after several months) didn't sit right with ASR's mission of no affiliate links.
So Erin got banned from ASR.
You'll still see his previous posts since all posts were just frozen, but you can't contact him on ASR anymore.

Yikes, welp definitely should’ve asked once he became much more well known. On the contrary, it wouldn’t hurt if ASR did a second chance offer out of good faith. But hey these are just my opinions. Thanks for giving me the straight up story, saved me a bunch of time and time wasted over nothing emotions :)

Anterantz

Hi guys I am hesitating between squeezing for dual sb1000pro vs sb2000...according to audiholics the sb1000pro outperforms the sb2000 in midbass area but I see a lot of difference in 40/60hz in favor of the pro almost 3db better.

I can not buy the sb2000pro also my room is very small 10m2 and I already have a sb12plus and my intention is to put two more to take advantage of dirac basscontrol.

Pillarias the sb2000 or sb1000 pro?

stren

Forum Donor
Hi guys I am hesitating between squeezing for dual sb1000pro vs sb2000...according to audiholics the sb1000pro outperforms the sb2000 in midbass area but I see a lot of difference in 40/60hz in favor of the pro almost 3db better.

I can not buy the sb2000pro also my room is very small 10m2 and I already have a sb12plus and my intention is to put two more to take advantage of dirac basscontrol.

Pillarias the sb2000 or sb1000 pro?

PB is going to favor output like you said. As you already have two subs in a small room and looking to add more then I imagine you don't need more output unless you are a a crazy bass head. What are your goals? If it's smoother bass response for more positions - I'd favor cheaper e.g. sb1000. If it's depth go bigger and sealed e.g. sb3000 or a 15", if it's output then go ported.

yodog

If it were me and music or realism is of value i would go with rythmik subwoofers. The only thing I like bout the svs is the piano black finish is only a $100 up charge (rythmiks is actually nicer but costs like almost $200 to get the piano black); their app is pretty dope and truly is convenient, especially for movies n general listening, and I personally am a fan of the sb3000’s front woofer protective grill (metal shield is more like it). It doesn’t attach magnetically unfortunately but neither does rythmik.

But when it comes to sound reproduction, the 12 inch rythmik or 15 or 18 inch will decimate the svs offering(s) in imo every category that is audible and that is reproducing sounds that truly integrate and not sabotage. Also, the bottom octave filter design and approach is so much more no BS and is predictable and consistent. The svs subwoofer will be less consistent as far as getting it to sound right. Imho it’s probably due to the direct servo patented technology that’s exclusively implemented in the rythmik subs, which from my experience is the real deal and not an exaggeration or premeditated misleading marketing bs.

I has the sb1000 and the sb3000. I had dual sb3000’s actually. The Bluetooth app is neat at first and stays on my good side because of the obvious conveniences it provides. However, the rythmik is built better, uses better quality components internally, uses respected measured performance plate amps that have lower thd and noise and higher snr., and pending on which model you get, they even use hypex based plate amps. Just goto rythmik websjte, they mention in one of their faq sections bout how the f12se subwoofer performs many db louder than the competitor (pretty sure they’re referring to a sealed svs subwoofer) and the difference between the F18 vs the “competitor/svs” all I know was, the difference was over 10db in playback SPL

Anterantz

PB is going to favor output like you said. As you already have two subs in a small room and looking to add more then I imagine you don't need more output unless you are a a crazy bass head. What are your goals? If it's smoother bass response for more positions - I'd favor cheaper e.g. sb1000. If it's depth go bigger and sealed e.g. sb3000 or a 15", if it's output then go ported.
I didn't say anything about PB(reflex) Ys I had a pb12+ and I couldn't control it because I couldn't place it in its best position.

I only have one sub currently a sb12plus behind my sofa and want to add dual sb1000pro or sb2000 which one do you think is better?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
But when it comes to sound reproduction, the 12 inch rythmik or 15 or 18 inch will decimate the svs offering(s) in imo every category that is audible and that is reproducing sounds that truly integrate and not sabotage.
Since we're talking about 12" woofers, let's compare apples to apples here.
Also products of roughly the same cost.
Then would you please present your hard evidence (measurements) and not just (they sound better to me).

Top Bottom