• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lindemann Limetree Review (streamer)

Rate this product:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 141 77.5%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 33 18.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

evam1

Ενδιαφέρων. Η δική μου εμπειρία είναι ότι μπορείτε πραγματικά να ακούσετε μια μικρή διαφορά σε ορισμένες περιπτώσεις, ακόμη και με ψηφιακά σήματα μεταξύ διαφορετικών ψηφιακών μεταφορών σε ένα dac.

.........................................................................................................................

Πάλι στο θέμα:
Αυτό το streamer Lindemann δείχνει υψηλό επίπεδο θορύβου σε ορισμένες από τις μετρήσεις amirms, αυτό εμφανίζεται με κάπως θετικό τρόπο για τον ακροατή όταν ακούει μουσική; Ίσως πιο απαλός ήχος;
With my new pre/streamer/dac (AKM4490) Ayon s10ii xs, the internal streamer is better from limetree
My impressions are from limetree bridge WITHOUT dac

Aperiodic

Forum Donor
Typical example of sub-par electronic put in some random aluminium box... But surely which better come with a good story (musicality, blablabla) around...

MSRP alone will do the trick. If it costs 1k, then it has to sound better.
Or as the late Brian Cheney of VMPS Loudspeakers put it, "The product is the price."

jaynyc

Forum Donor
Any value in taking measurement from Upnp playback (local files / test tones) rather than the Roon playback mode?

jarmo

$1,000 is a lot of money for a streamer.
It would be, for a bad one.
You would want excellent performance at that level that sadly Limetree doesn't deliver. Nor do you get any type of mechanical design that goes with a high-end streamer.
Mine's running through a Roksan K3 integrated and into a pair of Focal Chora 826 and sounds the business. Mechanics schmechanics!
While I was inclined to like the Lindemann Limetree, the measurements showed that it has not benefited from good design with respect to distortion. So I can't recommend it.
Wow, sounds like your ears almost had you there! Lucky you had your measurements to stop that happening eh? ;)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
It would be, for a bad one.

Mine's running through a Roksan K3 integrated and into a pair of Focal Chora 826 and sounds the business. Mechanics schmechanics!

Wow, sounds like your ears almost had you there! Lucky you had your measurements to stop that happening eh? ;)
:rolleyes: - It is objectively a poor performer.

However, I sympathise. I'd probably think it sounded great if I'd spent $1000 for performance that can easily be exceeded for around $200.

jarmo

:rolleyes: - It is objectively a poor performer.
Hmm, I'm always (never) impressed by the "objectivity" of internet randoms going on about stuff they've never owned and probably never even heard.
However, I sympathise. I'd probably think it sounded great if I'd spent $1000 for performance that can easily be exceeded for around $200.
What are you sympathising with, my ownership of something you've been told isn't any good but of which my experience tells a whole different story? :confused:

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Hmm, I'm always (never) impressed by the "objectivity" of internet randoms going on about stuff they've never owned and probably never even heard.

What are you sympathising with, my ownership of something you've been told isn't any good but of which my experience tells a whole different story? :confused:

You're in the wrong place if you want to convince people here that your ears are better than audio precision analysers at determining fidelity. You'll be needing audioasylum (or similar). They are over that way -->

On the other hand if you want to learn how to free yourself of the constraints of audio woo (and the experience can be quite enlightening) then you have come to the correct forum. Stay around, listen to people here with an open mind and learn - your ears, and your wallet will both thank you.

jarmo

You're in the wrong place if you want to convince people here that your ears are better than audio precision analysers at determining fidelity. You'll be needing audioasylum (or similar). They are over that way -->

On the other hand if you want to learn how to free yourself of the constraints of audio woo (and the experience can be quite enlightening) then you have come to the correct forum. Stay around, listen to people here with an open mind and learn - your ears, and your wallet will both thank you.
Not trying to convince anyone of anything and I already knew the consensus by reading the thread before posting.

What I'm not so keen on is the disingenuousness of half-told stories and the inevitable ensuing quasi-political pile-ons touted as the French Resistance against audio "woo" (I usually just mention the likes of What Hi-Fi when referring to such phenomena).

If objectivity truly is paramount, surely suggesting foregoing ears as judges of equipment designed to be appreciated by them in favour of instrumentation capable of registering a fart on Venus is tantamount to barking up the wrong tree and being oblivious to the fact one isn't even a dog?

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not trying to convince anyone of anything and I already knew the consensus by reading the thread before posting.

What I'm not so keen on is the disingenuousness of half-told stories and the inevitable ensuing quasi-political pile-ons touted as the French Resistance against audio "woo" (I usually just mention the likes of What Hi-Fi when referring to such phenomena).

If objectivity truly is paramount, surely suggesting foregoing ears as judges of equipment designed to be appreciated by them in favour of instrumentation capable of registering a fart on Venus is tantamount to barking up the wrong tree and being oblivious to the fact one isn't even a dog?
If objectivists truly suggested "forgoing ears," why have so many of them discussed ABX and other controlled listening tests in such detail?

Quit misrepresenting. It's not listening that's depreciated here; it's opinions based on uncontrolled listening paraded as fact.

jarmo

If objectivists truly suggested "forgoing ears," why have so many of them discussed ABX and other controlled listening tests in such detail?

Quit misrepresenting. It's not listening that's depreciated here; it's opinions based on uncontrolled listening paraded as fact.
I'm just saying what I read in the OP and adding my personal findings on the subject.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm just saying what I read in the OP and adding my personal findings on the subject.
You're just misrepresenting. That's my problem with it. As for your opinion, you should stick with it; just don't expect much concurrence here.

jarmo

You're just misrepresenting. That's my problem with it. As for your opinion, you should stick with it; just don't expect much concurrence here.
You seem a bit cross for an adult who's encountered an opinion that doesn't happen to concur with their own, but that's your problem too I guess.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You seem a bit cross for an adult who's encountered an opinion that doesn't happen to concur with their own, but that's your problem too I guess.
Why so serious?

why-so-serious-10-things-you-never-knew-about-the-joker-5460261.jpg

Top Bottom