• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima refuses to replace failed PSU [Now Resolved]

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Saw this thread today and thought I would comment on my very recent experience. I thought this amp was ok to run at 8ohms? Was not playing loud when the left side went out briefly. Wouldn't overload protection take out both channels? Anyway, I reached out to Sandy with the below message.

"Hello Sandy,

I purchased and have been using this amplifier for the past week and really am enjoying it. This being said, just today I heard a slight click from the unit and the one channel went out for about 2 minutes. I then heard another click and that channel came back on fortunately. I have been leaving the unit turned on constantly for the last week.

In case this happens again and permanently I wanted to check about the warranty. I see no warranty information inside the box or on the brief manual provided. I purchased the A07 via Amazon. Do I need to register the amplifier somewhere? If I need to send it back for warranty work, where would I need to send it to? How long is the warranty period? Again, there was no information inside the box about warranty. Please advise.

I am using the power adapter that was sent with the unit. The speakers I am using are 8 Ohm speakers with a 90db sensitivity. I do not play my music loud so I was not stressing the unit. It only happened once yesterday and has been working fine prior and since. I just wanted to contact in case it would start acting up again. I wanted to know what I would need to do and how long the A07 is under warranty. I have been an audiophile for years so am not abusing this unit in any way. 62 years old."

The reply I then received in a few days from Sandy was this:

"Thank your reply Mr . your speaker 8 Ohm 90db sensitivity() . so our A07 amp power is too big enough.
when you turn up the volume and long-time. it will be Overload protection or Overheating protection.
By the way , we also have other aiyima models , do you interesting ?
Best Regards
AIYIMA AUDIO.Sandy"

I am not quite sure what is being said here but it sounds like he/she is saying that the A07 can't handle 8ohms and what i would consider a fairly easy to drive set of speakers. So volume for long time will cause overload protection at moderate volumes with 8ohms? The amp sounds absolutely phenomenal! Any thoughts or recommendations? Thank you
Sounds like 8 ohm 90db sensitivity is too much for it to deliver sufficient power from the response you received. The question is how loud would the volume have to be, to kick in the overheating protection.

Sigfried

Sounds like 8 ohm 90db sensitivity is too much for it to deliver sufficient power from the response you received. The question is how loud would the volume have to be, to kick in the overheating protection.
Thanks! Which is why i was asking because i thought this amp was capable of delivering at least 40 watts at 8 ohms safely? Is this inaccurate? I was not driving the amp at all when that left channel went out momentarily. Think i actually had a podcast on. All i know it was not being DRIVEN. Not once have i detected any sonic strain. Sounds clean and great other than it shutting off that one time on the left channel.

Top Bottom