• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Topping] DX3 Pro coming soon

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I still see the original link:

1537556269215.png

scibry

This is pretty exciting to me. Even the bluetooth option. Hopefully it supports AptX HD and AAC. Using lossless input and AAC bluetooth encoding from my iPhone gives great output for me.

Also, the low output impedance would be great for my Shure 846 IEMs, but also should have enough power for my LCD2s. All in all, very exciting product for me! Also, I've been looking for a DAC with optical input...

I'd rather a hardware chain, but sometimes it's nice to just have an easy to use wireless option.

This also points to them probably working on a low output impedance 'A50' option, which would be highly interesting to me...

Krunok

Major Contributor
How is wireless streaming on DAC/Amps? Any good/reliable? Thinking specifically in terms of SQ, but also in terms of latency, if I were to connect my PC through bluetooth to them, and watch videos.

Latency would be a bigger problem than SQ. APTX LL codec was designed to help with that.

scibry

I have mostly Apple devices, so I mostly use AAC (hopefully this supports that!). I've not had any issues with latency or SQ in general. It's not as good as a hard connection with bitperfect playback, however, still pretty darn good. I'd say 97% of perfect, i.e. not noticeable unless I am trying to find it.

OP
Y

yue

Latency would be a bigger problem than SQ. APTX LL codec was designed to help with that.
latency is ok as you're only using it as a playback device.
latency usually only matters when you're using it for realtime applications (such as real time performances)

scibry

latency usually only matters when you're using it for realtime applications (such as real time performances)

When I was using AAC from my macbook to play a rudimentary shooter and some RTS, I didn't notice any latency. This is on Sony 1000XM2 from Macbook Pro, and from my iPhone X.

Krunok

Major Contributor

Or when you're watching videos because you loose lipsync.

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If it has AptX HD support, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

zephyros

If it has AptX HD support, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
They do, you can check the announcement for that. Makes me wonder how they got it since the license for the codec seems to be on the expensive side.
FYI Topping was kind enough to tell me the retail price for DX3 will be USD $219.99.
Great price. Really looking forward to the AK4493 with Topping engineering, hopefully they won't have the hump found in the ESS counterpart.

rdodev

Nice! Seems to be a "smaller" unbalanced Version of the DX7s with some extra WiFi goodies.
They should now do something like a "D70", balanced DAC only without any extras for maybe 300$ish.
Oh, and an A50 with lower output impedance to match the D50.

Except AKM-chip driven, not ESS like the DX7s

D

Deleted member 3566

If it can run the Argon MK3, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I'm assuming it won't struggle with HD800, however.

bunkbail

Forum Donor
They do, you can check the announcement for that. Makes me wonder how they got it since the license for the codec seems to be on the expensive side.

Great price. Really looking forward to the AK4493 with Topping engineering, hopefully they won't have the hump found in the ESS counterpart.
Thanks, good to know. Looks like this checks every boxes I need. I know that they most probably won't provide SOTA specs (as most AKM-based DACs are), but they have that distinct sound that I like.

mi-fu

Forum Donor
Too bad it doesn't function as a pure headphone amp with RCA input. Otherwise I would love to buy it to pair with my other DAC.

They said A50 will come around Dec.

D

Deleted member 3566

I will however be able to pair it with another amp, and still have the bluetooth functionality, right? From what I've read, the amp in the DX3 Pro isn't all that powerful. But the blutooth function and the DAC seem to be really nice, for that price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoide

So... Any news regarding the release date and sound quality vs the D50?

Thanks

Top Bottom