• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

1883 Yellowstone.........

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone else watching this show? A pre-quel to Yellowstone. I thought Yellowstone was good, but a bit over the top too often. I only sometimes watch it.

I however have been very much enjoying 1883. I loved the opening scene in episode 1, and it only means more after you've seen the first three episodes.

It too is often over the top, but I guess easier to take vs the same thing in modern times.

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not yet no... however was considering starting Yellowstone soon. I assume it's worth watching this first?

JSmith
No, I'd say you can watch 1883 without seeing Yellowstone. So far I think it better than Yellowstone.
We just started to watch the first three episodes of the original. It is a quality production but I have not yet decided if I want to watch the rest....
I'd say if you are wondering (about Yellowstone), then like me you'd watch a few more and then decide against it.

massimo1974

We just started to watch the first three episodes of the original. It is a quality production but I have not yet decided if I want to watch the rest....
Please hold on. Yellowstone may chatch you if you like post Peckinpah western movie.

Godataloss

The first 2 or 3 seasons of Yellowstone are great- after that I can do without it. 1883- I'm a sucker for any period western.

But the best TV I've seen recently is- The Great on Hulu.

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not so much as good in terms of production quality, but my father likes/liked Longmire better, as it’s more a case solving cop show.
Yeah Longmire is good.

Top Bottom