• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch8C now Roon ready!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Dutch&Dutch’s superb 8C loudspeakers are now ‘Roon ready’, the beta software was demonstrated at the Cranage U.K. HiFi show last weekend,

Keiht

andrew

Feedback that I've had from Dutch & Dutch is that the Roon ready Firmware Update that was to be released last week was held up in the Roon certification process and it might be another four weeks before the upgrade is released.

andrew

Has anyone seen the firmware update that enables Roon? I've checked via lanspeaker web-amp and still don't have an obvious update to download but am wondering if I'm missing something.

andrew

Anyone know what these little orange triangle icons mean?

Attachments

• Dutch8c.JPG
    Dutch8c.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 185

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But how do I hook up my turntable?
External phono stage into the balanced inputs, which you don't need with Roon going in via ethernet.
I don't like the idea of no longer using the phono stage in the Devialet, there seems to be some magic in its digital processing. And by magic I mean accuracy.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
External phono stage into the balanced inputs, which you don't need with Roon going in via ethernet.
I don't like the idea of no longer using the phono stage in the Devialet, there seems to be some magic in its digital processing. And by magic I mean accuracy.

Yeah, I hear you there. Accuracy and configurability.

Maybe I should go the other direction and bypass the passive crossover in my Contour 20s and turn my dual mono setup into an active-external setup using the built-in DSP crossovers.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe I should go the other direction and bypass the passive crossover in my Contour 20s and turn my dual mono setup into an active-external setup using the built-in DSP crossovers.
That sounds very interesting, is the crossover easy to bypass? It's a shame the full DSP capability of the amps is not available to use without a custom config.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
That sounds very interesting, is the crossover easy to bypass? It's a shame the full DSP capability of the amps is not available to use without a custom config.

It's a 2nd order crossover, no facilities for bi-wiring, so semi difficult to bypass?

It would be easier on an set of ATC speakers, TBH.

andrew

Has anyone seen or heard the firmware update for Roon? I've checked on a weekly basis - as I've sold my streamer - to no avail.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am meeting Martijn on Monday and will have a stern word!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I know Aaron, it is frustrating but I truly believe it will become a reality, hopefully while I am still capable of enjoying it!
Keith

Top Bottom