• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
These guys sure sound good on headphones, great mix/mastering IMO, go to youtube to get the 480 resolution which sounds better. Club Des Belugas Feet: Maya Fadeeva: save a little love for me, get shafted, affair in cascais

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
These guys sure sound good on headphones, great mix/mastering IMO, go to youtube to get the 480 resolution which sounds better
Nice stuff but unfortunately neither the band or Maya are on Tidal. :(

Guermantes

Ella Fitzgerald - Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie!
MI0003521746.jpg

https://www.allmusic.com/album/clap-hands-here-comes-charlie!-mw0000200769

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The album True Jit by the Bhundu Boys, a Zimbabwean group from the 80's who if fame and fortune reflected talent would have been a lot more famous.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am currently listening to two chain saws a couple of houses down the street - workers are felling and bucking a bunch of pine trees.

It's 2pm - I'll play some music later this evening

tomelex

Forum Donor
I like the song and the video : Thievery Corporation The Numbers Game

Last edited:

Don Hills

I'm listening to a lot of Youtube talent show performances at the moment. I find the occasional gem, some of which I've posted over in the "unexpected talent" thread. One which stands out is a simple Ukrainian folk song. It is hauntingly beautiful and it brought me almost to tears.

I later found out why it affected me (and the judges and audience) so deeply. The lyrics are a dialogue between a mother and her son who is going off to war. In February 2014, there was a protest gathering in the Euromaidan Plaza in Kiev. The police fired into the crowd, killing dozens. They were buried in a mass grave. This was sung at the funeral as a requiem and has become a memorial.

Last edited:

Don Hills

I have traditionally ignored the Eurovision Song Contest, in my experience there's been nothing to interest me there. I therefore missed the controversial 2016 winner:

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Beethoven symphony 9, the old Nikolaus Harnoncourt/Chamber Orchestra of Europe recording for Teldec, ripped to FLAC and listening on my smart phone and T5p's, wonderful.

tomelex

Forum Donor
Rhye , Phoenix, last dance, song for you, count to five

Last edited:
Top Bottom