• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GGNTKT M3 yes M3 Formerly known as M2!

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

lherrm

Variant A + magnetic fabric cover for the front speakers (as suggested by Puddingbuks), à la Arendal Subwoofer :
Big_Images_1370x1370_1723_Subwoofer_2V_P3_SB_Explode_Grille.jpg

Last edited:

NYfan2

Forum Donor
Variant A or C (right)

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Variant D+ on the right, or the cheapest one to keep these things affordable (simple magnetic click on fabric), or a design where all speakers are properly covered.

Most important: keep prices low as possible, lower price means higher volume and more brand building.

Last edited:

dasdoing

Major Contributor
personaly I wouldn't aks at ASR to make design choices, as at this price range the more niche tecnical interested market isn't the main market? but you guys probably know where your market is

lherrm

Nothing bad with asking, is it ? I doubt they'll solely base any decision on what's said here, surely they also ask other people/places and have their own preferences.

poxymoron

Some options look like air conditioners or fan heaters, although I'm sure they'll look better and more like speakers once the materials are applied to the renders.

Edit: I see the fabric material on your last post. Looks good.

LearningToSmile

There is some (aesthetic) design refinement going on... what do you guys think?

Variant A:
View attachment 171046

Variant BView attachment 171047

Variant C

View attachment 171048

Variant D
View attachment 171049

Variant D+ (along with different patterns)
View attachment 171050
A + a magnetic cover would probably be the safest option.

I also kinda like the C variant with horizontal stripes, and the rightmost D+ variant - they look somewhat retro, remind me slightly of Dieter Rams' work for Braun, particularly the latter.

But rather than the drivers, the one thing that needs a bit more attention from a visual standpoint in my opinion are the bottom ports - they really draw the eye to them. Though mostly in the render, in the prototype photo it's less noticeable.

Karu

Forum Donor
For me it should be a single colour with the cleanest visual and not add “detail” like the different blocks. The easier it will be to integrate into different interiors.

DSJR

Major Contributor
If waf is important to a large proportion of your clients (it is here), a sympathetic fine cloth or gauze covering it all would be interesting - less for domestic dust to get into the tweeter and less on show for enquiring little fingers (been there, done it and saved an otherwise very expensive driver repair). Obviously, the performance potential of the speakers shouldn't be compromised, but I remember decades ago reading the UK reviewer's surprise how far eastern markets wanted 'everything' on show where western markets used to keep the grilles on ;)

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
personaly I wouldn't aks at ASR to make design choices, as at this price range the more niche tecnical interested market isn't the main market? but you guys probably know where your market is
ASR is filled with boomers with a lot of money, even the average young cheapskate here has spent 2000-5000$ on audio.

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
I personally think it’s great that this company is asking us about design options. And give us some insight in the product development.

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Definitely not D for me.

I picture C as more of a utilitarian design that might go well in some upscale loft in NY that has lattice inside. Maybe I have no idea what these lofts look like, though. :D

I like A.

Though, I do have a question... it looks like the power port will be about midway on the speaker. Will you have a wire holder built-in to this speaker? Or is there a way to put this at the base of the speaker? I think this is such a nice design that I'd hate to "ruin" it by having a few wires dangling off the back; especially from that high up. For context, with most bookshelf speakers you can purchase stands to run the wires inside.

Ra1zel

Imo A and D look the cleanest

Top Bottom