• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Warm Tone record press

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
20 seconds:
The first new record-pressing machines built in over 30 years are finally online. The brainchild of some Canadian R&D guys with a background designing fancy MRI machines, the Warm Tone record press is everything that its vintage counterpart is not: safe, fast, fully automated, reliable, run by cloud-based software, and iOS-controlled. These $195,000 whiz-bang machines, the homegrown product of a Toronto company called Viryl Technologies, are the next-gen record presses our 21st century vinyl revolution has been waiting for.

http://globalnews.me/2017/02/08/meet-the-record-pressing-robot-fueling-vinyls-comeback/

iridium.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
20 seconds:
The first new record-pressing machines built in over 30 years are finally online. The brainchild of some Canadian R&D guys with a background designing fancy MRI machines, the Warm Tone record press is everything that its vintage counterpart is not: safe, fast, fully automated, reliable, run by cloud-based software, and iOS-controlled. These $195,000 whiz-bang machines, the homegrown product of a Toronto company called Viryl Technologies, are the next-gen record presses our 21st century vinyl revolution has been waiting for.

http://globalnews.me/2017/02/08/meet-the-record-pressing-robot-fueling-vinyls-comeback/

iridium.

2:1 odds says vinylphiles (full disclosure, I own LPs and a turntable) claim the pressings from it aren't as good as the old one because it uses software to improve quality, which will be seen as taking the art out of the process.

I guarantee you that there will be those who say it can't possibly replicate the knowledge and craftsmanship of blahblahblah accumulated over decades and if you want vinyl that sounds like the Good Ole Days, you need one made on the old machines by gnarled geezers with carbon blank permanently embedded in their hands.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
It is an interesting development. Tons of LPs are produced for the new generation for cool factor. No need to dust off old pressing machines to create those at high expense.

They've already been dusted off, actually, and running at full capacity. There is a 6 month backlog. All the LP presses in the world are fully booked.

Until this, nobody was making new ones to meet the increased demand.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Top Bottom