• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

There is wisdom that applies to this forum...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You were facing the wrong way.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I don't think orientation makes a difference. :) This is kind of what they look like.

pdwm.php

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
There's a bit of an optical illusion there...

In a similar picture, it looked even more like a 'step' than a little 'trench'.

Oh no, this is just wrong...

maxresdefault.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This thread gives a whole new perspective to Audio Science Review...... ;)
Well I have been feeling like the audio part has been given short shrift in this thread. All those porcelain lined areas and not a word on the acoustics of them. Guys come on!

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
No point. Everyone knows highly reflective porcelain surfaces lead to crappy sound.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
When you gotta go, you gotta go...

That's not what I meant; what I meant is before you go eat make sure it's a 5-star restaurant.
Then you'll know that they have nice restrooms to accommodate.
And usually that restaurant is in a chic neighborhood, in case you have to go (bathroom) in another establishment nearby.

* China has some of the most magnificent vistas (landscapes):

Amazing+Chinese+Landscapes.jpg

The-Li-River-Yangshuo.jpg

Amazing-places-on-Earth-3.jpg

Chinese-Wall-in-the-Mist.jpg

Zhangjiajie-National-Park-Hallelujah-Mountains-on-Earth-9.jpg

And if you have to use the bathroom, do it in the bushes of the jungles (bring toilet paper in your backpack or use natural leaves).

Don Hills

I don't think orientation makes a difference. :) This is kind of what they look like.

Ah, right. I didn't look at the photo closely enough. I thought it was the "hole in the floor" type, not "trench in the floor".

Don Hills

And if you have to use the bathroom, do it in the bushes of the jungles (bring toilet paper in your backpack or use natural leaves).

Not in this country. We're having a lot of trouble with tourists "going" wherever they please in the countryside.
The USA have the same problem in wilderness areas. For example, if you take a rafting trip through the Grand Canyon, you leave nothing at all behind. You "go" in barrels that you bring out with you. There's a rather good book on the subject:
https://www.amazon.com/How-Shit-Woods-3rd-Environmentally/dp/1580083633
And what happens when you get it wrong:
https://www.amazon.com/Shit-Creek-Collection-Horrifyingly-Misadventures/dp/0898159393

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
That's not what I meant; what I meant is before you go eat make sure it's a 5-star restaurant.
Then you'll know that they have nice restrooms to accommodate.
And usually that restaurant is in a chic neighborhood, in case you have to go (bathroom) in another establishment nearby.

* China has some of the most magnificent vistas (landscapes):

Amazing+Chinese+Landscapes.jpg

The-Li-River-Yangshuo.jpg

Amazing-places-on-Earth-3.jpg

Chinese-Wall-in-the-Mist.jpg

Zhangjiajie-National-Park-Hallelujah-Mountains-on-Earth-9.jpg

These are all fine vistas to lay a log down to bob, nice one.. the view from my bog house is far less appealing unfortunately.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Not in this country. We're having a lot of trouble with tourists "going" wherever they please in the countryside.
The USA have the same problem in wilderness areas. For example, if you take a rafting trip through the Grand Canyon, you leave nothing at all behind. You "go" in barrels that you bring out with you. There's a rather good book on the subject:
https://www.amazon.com/How-Shit-Woods-3rd-Environmentally/dp/1580083633
And what happens when you get it wrong:
https://www.amazon.com/Shit-Creek-Collection-Horrifyingly-Misadventures/dp/0898159393

In my country we carry small shovels, so we can plant forests with them, and go poo-poo. Excellent tree's fertilizer. Makes for great forests.
We save on pollution (plastics), we breathe better, we live longer, and we make sex last longer too.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Since it seems to fit here...

Confronted with a situation such as a party or game to watch, where no suitable eating surface is available, a resourceful engineer will always find a solution.

And no, that is not me in the picture. :)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom