• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

There is wisdom that applies to this forum...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Went to the Washington coast for a short trip. While at the campground, found this sign posted on the door of the men's room toilet:

toilet.jpg

I am thinking if you all did this here, I can let Thomas go and have the forum run by itself!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Went to the Washington coast for a short trip. While at the campground, found this sign posted on the door of the men's room toilet:

View attachment 7820

I am thinking if you all did this here, I can let Thomas go and have the forum run by itself!
A cry for help if ever I saw one... its not the members making a mess of the toilet bowl ( most of them don't touch the sides) that's a issue, it's you insisting on sitting down to pee in the ladies that leaves me some explaining to do , I suppose I should be grateful you don't just pee where you stand :D

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
upload_2017-7-21_0-37-59.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
On a related subject...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
That's insane.
I kept waiting for it to explode. :eek::eek:

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OK, time for a real life toilet/poop story. Don't read if have recently eaten! :D

I am in China and the great guy that is managing that region is taking me around. It was summer and hot/humid as heck. Worse yet, I had to put on suit and tie for the morning meetings. We finish that and my guy who knows I love sushi tells me there is an all you can eat sushi place that costs only $15 or some such thing. We go there and I can't believe it is so cheap. Everything "looked" fine so I ate and ate and ate.

Next I tell him that I have never been to the Chinese markets where they sell stuff cheap. You know, "Rolex" watches for $10. He says the biggest market is around the corner and we go there. I buy a belt, wallet and a couple of Porsche watches for the kids.

And then something hits me that you never want to hit you when you are about an hour away from your comfortable, western hotel. Stomach cramps and the most dire feeling of "having to go." I resist it for a few minutes but I could no longer. So I put aside shame and I tell my guy I had to go and is there a public restroom. To my relief he says yes. He takes me to another part of the market and I see what looks like a dozen stalls. With a sigh of relief I approach them....

... just to see that they have no doors! Here I have to do (severe) #2 and there is no door. What's worse, I see nothing that resembles a toilet of any kind. This is what it looked like:

TWH_Factory_Building_old_squat_toilet.jpg

Except that again, there were no doors. All that was there was this square trough that went through each stall.

I debate it for a second and the body immediately told me: "go in or you will have soiled pants." I put all shame aside and walk in, suite, tie and all.

I look in the trough and there are piles of poop in clumps. Told you to not read if you have just eaten! :D I find an empty space between them, drop my pants and sit down.

I start to do the business thinking this is not so bad until I look up. 2-3 Chinese men started to gather at the entrance staring at me! And not the friendly one but an ugly look as if to say, "how dare you come to our country to defecate!"

Again, body chemistry intervenes to say, doing your stuff is more important than worrying about these people so I just look away, holding my nose as best as I can to tolerate the horrible stench.

Remember again that it is hot and humid as hell. I am sweating all along.

Then the "nicest" thing happens. I feel this cool breeze coming over under me. For a moment, it teleported me to sitting by a river with cold water and breeze blowing by you. Ah, how nice it was to counter me sweating like a pig....

.... then it occurred to me. Exactly where would such a breeze come from and why was it that it was only underneath me???

Oh crap. It was water being unleashed in that trough to wash away all that poop! I sat up as fast as it was humanly possible to see my worst fears come true: a massive gush of water that was carrying more poop than you can possibly imagine in your lifetime went by!

I feel relieved that I missed all of that by a fraction of an inch near my reproductive organs. Only to look up and now see half a dozen Chinese men staring at me with my pants down, suite and tie and all....

Of course there is no toilet paper of any kind. Thankfully I reach in my pockets and find some kleenex to wipe some of that mess on my back side. Again, while be stared at.

I pull up my pants and come out to meet my guy and his assistant which by now were wondering what all had happened to me.

Now as if there is no justice in this world, just a few steps away from the toilets, I get another diarrhea attack and had to go back to the toilet again and repeat most of what happened above!!! Except this time I was out of kleenex to boot. Yes, those pair of underwater went into the trash and did not make it back to America.

So next time you are in China, do not eat any raw fish!

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Toilets seem to be a big thing here @ ASR. They sure are part of the modern world, and of the not so modern one. I wonder how many toilets there are worldwide? And they come in all flavors.
The people who travel the most have the most experience with various toilet's flavors. And people who watch lots of films can locate few toilet's scenes for sure.
It's interesting to attach the word "wisdom" with toilets and with the people using them.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Not a whole lot different that the old WW II type barracks I lived in at various Army bases back in the late 60s.
There we had toilets to sit on, and paper, but that's it. No dividers or privacy of any sort, you sit there rubbing knees with the guys on either side, just BS'in away while you did your business.
No room for the timid in a fox hole. LOL

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There we had toilets to sit on, and paper, but that's it.
There was nothing to sit on here. You straddle your feet on both sides of this 6 inch trough with all the existing poop and other horrible things in there. You then drop your shorts, and just squat while your crown jewels come dangerously close to the bottom of it (hence the issue when the water gushed down the trough). Your entire back side where you do your business is exposed to air as the Chinese dudes stare at you. It is like having a toilet cam inside the toilet when you take a poop ! :D

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
There was nothing to sit on here. You straddle your feet on both sides of this 6 inch trough with all the existing poop and other horrible things in there. You then drop your shorts, and just squat while your crown jewels come dangerously close to the bottom of it (hence the issue when the water gushed down the trough). Your entire back side where you do your business is exposed to air as the Chinese dudes stare at you. It is like having a toilet cam inside the toilet when you take a poop ! :D
I take it you did not chose to build this 'system ' in your home :D

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Amir, how come you end up places like those? You don't seem to fit that type of decor.
But I have to say this; it gives you first-hand experience @ real life in some corners of our globe.
Then the word 'wisdom' is not out-of-place; it's an earning.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Your entire back side where you do your business is exposed to air as the Chinese dudes stare at you.
So how did you feel about that?

Top Bottom