• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Motorsport Trifecta

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Memorial Day weekend is always a motorsport extravaganza.
Starting the morning here, we saw the Ferrari mounted Sebastian Vettel beat his teammate Kimi Raikkonen in a 1-2 win on the 74th running of the Monaco Gran Prix.

With barely time for a bowl of Cheerios, the 101st running of the Indianapolis 500 was kicked off by Jim Cornelison singing Back Home In Indiana. A good show in Jim Nabors style!
Two-time Formula One champ Fernando Alonso decided to skip Monaco for a run at Indy. A good showing was made with him leading a few times till a blown engine knocked him out late in the race. Takuma Sato won marking the first time the Japanese driver has won the race. Helio Castroneves finished second and Ed Jones came in third.

Rounding up the day with the Nascar Coca-Cola 600, the longest race on the Nascar calendar, made even longer with a hour and a half rain delay at about the half way point. The youngster Austin Dillon wins his first career Nascar Cup series race. My man Kyle Busch got second, I think that's his third second place finish this season. :( Martin Truex taking third.

Man my neck and eyes hurt from like 15 hours of TV auto racing.
But it's worth it,
Nothing like a all day orgy of motorsports.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Memorial Day weekend is always a motorsport extravaganza.
Starting the morning here, we saw the Ferrari mounted Sebastian Vettel beat his teammate Kimi Raikkonen in a 1-2 win on the 74th running of the Monaco Gran Prix.

With barely time for a bowl of Cheerios, the 101st running of the Indianapolis 500 was kicked off by Jim Cornelison singing Back Home In Indiana. A good show in Jim Nabors style!
Two-time Formula One champ Fernando Alonso decided to skip Monaco for a run at Indy. A good showing was made with him leading a few times till a blown engine knocked him out late in the race. Takuma Sato won marking the first time the Japanese driver has won the race. Helio Castroneves finished second and Ed Jones came in third.

Rounding up the day with the Nascar Coca-Cola 600, the longest race on the Nascar calendar, made even longer with a hour and a half rain delay at about the half way point. The youngster Austin Dillon wins his first career Nascar Cup series race. My man Kyle Busch got second, I think that's his third second place finish this season. :( Martin Truex taking third.

Man my neck and eyes hurt from like 15 hours of TV auto racing.
But it's worth it,
Nothing like a all day orgy of motorsports.
Cool, sato used to race in F1 too

Nightlord

Had no feed for Indy. Sorry to hear about another Honda blowup for poor Alonso, but glad he gave a good show before then.

In Monaco... pity that Kimi could not bring home the wonderful Pole to a well deserved win as well.

Pascal Wehrlein is up for the "Parking of the year"-award:
88838.jpg

(He had a bit of help by an old man who might've forgotten his reading glasses on.... :cool:)

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Cool, sato used to race in F1 too

I remember him and Button were stuck with those terribly unreliable Honda BAR cars (were they Honda engines?) but he was the one that seemed to have worse luck than Button.

Top Bottom