• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Suggestion for an active threads button

Old Listener

When I look at ASR, I want to quickly see activity since my last visit. The "recent activity" list does that but enumerating every post that's new to me makes it cumbersome for me to use. I have to scan down to find each separate thread with new content.

What I want is a list of threads that have posts that I have not read with a link to the first post that I haven't read. For each thread that interests me, I'll click on the link and read all the new posts in that thread.

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I use "new Posts" all the time. What *I* want is two-fold:

1. A function that lists threads which I have previously read and have been updated since my last visit. I can use the watch function to do this, but I need to remember to click the button.

2. A function that lists all new threads - threads that have been started since my last visit. (Different than threads that have been updated since my last visit.)

The intent is to more quickly follow threads that I'm interested in, plus see if any new threads have been started that I might be interested in. It doesn't cover the situation where a previously uninteresting thread veers in an interesting direction, but I already miss those. I'll concede it's not a big problem with the post volumes here, but there are forums such as CA, SHTV and EEVBlog where it would be useful.

Top Bottom