• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sony Returns To Making Vinyl Records After 28-Year Break

Jakob1863

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think what is ironic is that the major Japanese audio companies have waited so long to "go to the past/their roots!" High-end audio happened and they were all absent. They get killed in mass market home theater yet they remain there for the sake of being there.

I was often surprised to see quite exotic stuff from the big japanes players that never made it to the export markets at least not to Europe. Big electrostats from Sony in the 1980s???

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I was often surprised to see quite exotic stuff from the big japanes players that never made it to the export markets at least not to Europe. Big electrostats from Sony in the 1980s???
Didn't know they made any! But yes, for home market they would produce a lot more stuff. For export they had to convince the overseas marketing groups and at any rate, get more certification, etc.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I didn't know they made any either.

Sony SS-R10

5d81d548ebfb04094013ebb2b9bb24b3.jpg

SonySSR-10_20_Pix.jpg

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/Maxxwire_Photos/media/bWVkaWFJZDo2MDEwMDU2OQ==/?ref=

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom