• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Server issues?

fas42

Major Contributor
Amir,

As of this moment the forum is extremely sluggish in responding, for me, and sometimes fails to serve up the page requested - are you aware of anything your end that could cause this?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It could be the 'music' Dallas posted a few minutes ago.
Keith.

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
Still playing up very badly for me - another site like WBF is no problem.

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
OK, Amir, it's the member "fas42" that's the problem, ;-). Logged out, all fine. Logged in, it's a disaster - server's in a loop somewhere ..

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Hi Frank, today I was away so I don't know how was the site's performance.
My computer crashed earlier, from another site (USA news)...and it took several hours to restore and ... very complicated and frustrating.

Now I just got here, and it's ok on my end, and so are the other sites.
If your issue is only here and not @ other sites, then the system software is acting up.
It's like Donald Trump who is a very sensitive guy when it comes to aliens and women. :)
Donald just cannot remain behind the sidelines, he has to run his show.
But he might be helpful in getting rid of ISIS.

Anyway, is it better now Frank?

* Because my computer crashed earlier, my navigation everywhere is erratic, broken, not smooth and fast anymore, plus pics are not showing, or extremely slow to show up.
Yesterday was perfect, today is way less than perfect.
But in my case it's the USA news that screwed me up; I just don't know, I'm no expert; one minute you read some stuff, then a link to more stuff, and click and caput! It's all gone and the entire computer is dead. ...Like a click of self-destruction.

Maybe there are some news that shouldn't be read? Maybe some news are so bad that they have a bad little gremlin inside that is just there for you to wake him up?

Frank, you think our planet is safe? It sure doesn't look and feel like it; just look @ the news!
No, don't read the news, that's how my computer got caput.

Andre (RIP) used to say: Live and let live. It's a great philosophy, and people should adopt it...I sincerely think. But human nature is very weak @ times, like power and money trying to control the world's children, us. And the saddest thing? It's us who invented this system of inequality and supremacy.

Our world is full of gangs, all type of gangs, dealing with all type of businesses.
From the drug lords to the self-centered politicians to the corrupted police officers to the violent street gangs to the car dealers, audio dealers, house market, Wall Street, financial markets, NASDAQ, world economy, to the richest of the richest and the poorest of the poorest and children dying for all the wrong reasons across the globe.

Our planet is a beautiful blue planet, with great music and beautiful people.
Anything else is just that, anything else. I don't want to be anything else, I want to be part of the beautiful blue planet with beautiful blue people and blue dogs, cats, birds, trees, oceans, skies, lakes, rivers, flowers, seasons, eggs.

Last edited:
OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
Okay, I don't know if Amir tried pushing a few buttons, but some minutes ago it reverted to normal speed - response is now fine ...

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
I'm afraid the glitch in the bulletin, or server software has returned. That is, as fas42 the response is atrocious, takes forever and often gives up, and feeds me the home page instead. If I log out everything is perfectly normal - so it is possible this bug has emerged because Amir just deleted some posts, which apparently included my response to Tim's post about YouTube - caught in the cross fire.

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
Okay, nearly 6 hours later, and the problem still remains - I've been informed by Opus111 that he had the same problem once, but it disappeared after a logout, login.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Working fine for me. Try clearing the cache and deleting cookies then log in again.

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
Everything points to the server. I tried logging in, logging out many times - no joy. First time it cleared itself, suddenly, for no obvious reason. My guess is that software is getting in a loop about a particular member's name; so before I went to bed I made sure I was logged out. And, this morning, first login, everything's fine.

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
Interesting, the forum just went off the air completely for quite some minutes just now - wonder if it's related to the other behaviour I've noted above?

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
Thanks for that, Bob - have you had any severe slowdown issues at all?

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Thanks for that, Bob - have you had any severe slowdown issues at all?

No, not here @ Audiosciencereview
But yes @ AVSForum site; big time slow.

Also, recently Internet Explorer is acting up on me...quite erratically. For now Goggle Chrome works better.
Also, another problem...Bing. It was totally going berserk.
Also, IE and Chrome not communicating with each other. Like I got no Skype and no Facebook with IE, only with Chrome.
But I'm no expert, and I don't want more problems, so I don't force it...I use Chrome for those duties.

Frank, try another browser, perhaps. And I'm sure Amir is not the type to play games.

And yes I know; I misspelled Google. :)

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Did you experience some anomalies today?
Like clearing your cookies and files and browsing history, and then you have to re-register @ ASR.
Plus! Your browser stopped working! Because it thinks you're from another planet invented by artificial machines...like robots.
In the last twenty years this is the first time ever that I can recall being treated like a machine.
Have you ever seen that? ...Your browser asking you to write down the code to make sure you ain't a robot!

Thank you for reading and your participation. Over now. :D

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Like clearing your cookies and files and browsing history, and then you have to re-register @ ASR.
Anytime you do that you lose all of your logins for all web sites. That is what clearing "cookies" does. :) Cookies are little files left on your computer that stores your information about a web site. Remove that and the server software thinks you have never visited the site.

In almost all cases, you do NOT want to do any of this. It is busy work that support people have you do but it doesn't fix anything.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I deleted my cookies only for the last 24 hours. But you are right Amir; it don't matter it you delete back one day or one month, you have to re-register @ some sites.
Windows 10 had some new stuff happening this morning, and it took a while to access places.
Plus they changed my taskbar, by removing some items.
My browser stopped working @ one point...google.

Brief, it's a strange day today in the world of Windows 10 ... :)

ASR is working fine, I reported the above to see if anyone noticed some' different today, and in particular with their google browser.

Steve-Jobs-black-and-white-642x329-614x315.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom