• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

More High-Res Streaming Services Coming?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This MQA announcement from UMG caught my eye: http://musically.com/2017/02/16/umg-backs-mqa-predicts-half-dozen-hi-res-streaming-launches-2017/

"“We don’t want to step across announcements that other companies will make, but we think that we could safely guide you in the expectation that there will probably be half a dozen services in the marketplace by the end of the year delivering this format.”

Nash declined to elaborate, although in a press release about hi-res streaming issued by the Digital Entertainment Group – backed by UMG and other labels – included promises from Napster, Pandora and HD Tracks."

That's exciting if it comes to pass as it might put pressure on bigger boys to also follow.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
This MQA announcement from UMG caught my eye: http://musically.com/2017/02/16/umg-backs-mqa-predicts-half-dozen-hi-res-streaming-launches-2017/

"“We don’t want to step across announcements that other companies will make, but we think that we could safely guide you in the expectation that there will probably be half a dozen services in the marketplace by the end of the year delivering this format.”

Nash declined to elaborate, although in a press release about hi-res streaming issued by the Digital Entertainment Group – backed by UMG and other labels – included promises from Napster, Pandora and HD Tracks."

That's exciting if it comes to pass as it might put pressure on bigger boys to also follow.

By "this format" does he mean MQA or lossless?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
From that Spotify survey I linked a few days back it appeared they may be feeling the heat. ??

Top Bottom