• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kii THREE

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Newman

Major Contributor
Hi everyone!

Just bought a new pair of the Kii three and kii control. Now waiting for the stands.

Is it a good idea to invest in a expensive streamer, like Aurender N10? It really make a difference, or better choose something cheaper like Auralic?

Thank you everyone!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Rafael Hi, no, no point in investing in an expensive streamer ,just plug your 'control' into your laptop.
Keith

Thank you Keith! But what about invest in a software like "Audirvana" or "Roon"? It does sounds better than just using the Tidal software on the Mac?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Rafael Hi, well if you ask others especially 'dealers' you will receive lots of other opinions!
Regarding software no Roon won't improve sound quality but I really like the software, and version 1.3 adds some useful features.
Make sure your Tidal is set to the highest quality, whereabouts are you?
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
That's fantastic, they are the best speakers I have heard, apart from perhaps the Beolab 90's , but they are way more expensive.
Keith

Yeah, I think its a great speaker made by great people. And you just need a source. So, honestly, do you think that streamers with lots of shielding, fancy clocks, etc are just bullshit? Or maybe the Kii just don't need that?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Unfortunately just bullshit, I have tried everything, as long as you deliver bit perfect data, any Mac or PC or Pi will do that, but by all means try.
BW Keith

So, I am not an expert at all, but maybe is because the usb connection is asynchronous, then the Kii Dacs are controlling the bit flow. So, there is no jitter to care, and in this case the Kii just need bit perfect data. Makes sense to you?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Absolutely that, I would set them up to your taste , forget about them and just listen to music ,radio, films and TV.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
That's a very nice thing to say thank you , I just try to be honest , sell products which I believe are well designed which will hopefully improve sound quality . There is so much bullshit it just wears you out.
Keith

You are welcome! What about power cables, power conditioners, dedicated circuit breakers and so on... Do you think this make a difference with the Kii?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
No I don't believe ant of those things would improve sound quality , having said that what's your electricity supply like at home?
Does the voltage fluctuate wildly?
keith

Hello,

Do you think is a good idea to invest in analog audio (turntable) with the kii? Is it possible to have a better sounding analog record than its digital version in the kii system, even though all analog signal is converted from analog to digital?

Top Bottom