• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL M2 and cheap amps

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I want a pair of M2 but the total cost with Crown or similar amps is too high.

Do you think that a pair of dirt cheap iNuke NU6000DSP would first work and second work well? I have 1 labgruppen but another would be more expensive than 2 Behringer.

If answer is no, then i would happily look at some propositions with some amps ideally without super noisy fan would be even better (my labgruppen get noisy, close to 50 db after 1 or 2 hours).

I do not need 1200W per channel and 300W at 4Ohm would be enough.

P.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

The manual says that you can use other amplifiers, but specifies that BSS signal processors BLU-800, BLU-160 or BLU-80 must be used with them.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

OP
P

pierre

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

If you got the speakers used, go for it. But if they’re new, I expect JBL would deem the warranty void with the use of non-recommended equipment.

Regards,
Wayne

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
There's a long thread on AVS discussing the various options. I think you can get away with almost anything reasonable and correction is possible in multiple ways. But as Wayne said probably best to check with your dealer and/or JBL directly.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I want a pair of M2 but the total cost with Crown or similar amps is too high.

Do you think that a pair of dirt cheap iNuke NU6000DSP would first work and second work well? I have 1 labgruppen but another would be more expensive than 2 Behringer.

If answer is no, then i would happily look at some propositions with some amps ideally without super noisy fan would be even better (my labgruppen get noisy, close to 50 db after 1 or 2 hours).

I do not need 1200W per channel and 300W at 4Ohm would be enough.

P.
I own JBL M2's along with the DCi 4/1250 amp. I'll come back to this thread later but in the mean time tell me how big your room is. The short story is that the speakers actually require more power then you think because of the DSP. I wouldn't use anything less than the DCi 4/600 if I were you. If you want to use other amps you will need the BSS processor as mentioned above.

Top Bottom