• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ghost In The Shell

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I was all prepared to go to IMax this week and see it till I read the review. Not a fan of anime myself but there has been a lot of a build-up on the video and sound tech for this flix and I was willing to dish out the $15.25. That was until I read the review just released on AVS. Think I'll just wait for the BluRay to hit RedBox for $2 instead.
http://www.avsforum.com/ghost-in-the-shell-dolby-vision-hdr-atmos-sound/

Think I'll go to the cheap seats tonight for Kong: Skull Island instead, I heard it was fun. Will post a review if it's worth it.

Nightlord

Can't wait to see/buy it. The "original" is my 2nd favourite (after 'Akira') anime.

Unfortunately there's not a single Dolby Vision cinema in the country, and only up in Stockholm there is Atmos in one location and IMAX3D in another. There are probably several private home theaters with better tech capabilities in this area.... o_O

Possibly Copenhagen would do better, but I'm not that fond of having to watch Danish subtitles...

OP
Dynamix

Dynamix

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I was all prepared to go to IMax this week and see it till I read the review. Not a fan of anime myself but there has been a lot of a build-up on the video and sound tech for this flix and I was willing to dish out the $15.25. That was until I read the review just released on AVS. Think I'll just wait for the BluRay to hit RedBox for $2 instead.
http://www.avsforum.com/ghost-in-the-shell-dolby-vision-hdr-atmos-sound/

Think I'll go to the cheap seats tonight for Kong: Skull Island instead, I heard it was fun. Will post a review if it's worth it.

I haven't seen it yet, so for all I know it could be absolute crap. Wouldn't surprise me at all really.

That said, I wouldn't pay much attention to this particular review. The guy obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I haven't seen it yet, so for all I know it could be absolute crap. Wouldn't surprise me at all really.

That said, I wouldn't pay much attention to this particular review. The guy obviously has no idea what he's talking about.
You could be totally right, my only thought here was since I'm not a fan of anime to begin with I'm not going to lay out $15 for the IMAX, I've been burned on that front a few times already this year. I'll save the cash to see Fate of the Furious, it starts on the big screen there Fri. ;)

OP
Dynamix

Dynamix

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You could be totally right, my only thought here was since I'm not a fan of anime to begin with I'm not going to lay out $15 for the IMAX, I've been burned on that front a few times already this year. I'll save the cash to see Fate of the Furious, it starts on the big screen there Fri. ;)

Yeah, I'm not gonna see GitS in a cinema either. I'll get a download.

Top Bottom