• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Blizzard was, like, totally right about the Teac NT-503

wgscott

It really sucks. Everything sounds like ultra-compressed mp3 played through an iphone speaker with bubble-gum stuck to the outer grillwork.

My wife immediately walked out on me, and my puppy started having seizures.

The neighbors called the police on me because of the disturbance the sound created.

Then my ears began to bleed profusely. Our hot tub failed. The solar panels stopped working. The VCR clock reset itself to 12:00 and just blinks at me.

I really should have listened. I should have recognized I was in the presence of an audio savant. I am so sorry. I shall never question his absolute authority in things audio (and everything else). He really is the alpha audiophile. Just look at the post count.

I think I am going to have to quit the hobby in shame now, and take up stamp collecting.

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
It really sucks.
Quite frankly unless Downtown Bruce Browne of Puget Sound or Frank listening to it over Youtube say it sucks, I'm not believing your assessment. It's worthless.
They are the final arbiter of sound quality, great or sucky.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It really sucks. Everything sounds like ultra-compressed mp3 played through an iphone speaker with bubble-gum stuck to the outer grillwork.

The neighbors called the police on me because of the disturbance the sound created.

Then my ears began to bleed profusely. Our hot tub failed. The solar panels stopped working. The VCR clock reset itself to 12:00 and just blinks at me.

I really should have listened. I should have recognized I was in the presence of an audio savant. I am so sorry. I shall never question his absolute authority in things audio (and everything else). He really is the alpha audiophile. Just look at the post count.

I think I am going to have to quit the hobby in shame now, and take up stamp collecting.
Like a lot.
Keith

Mivera

Major Contributor

You mean Marty? I personally haven't heard the DAC, or claimed to have. Did you ABX it with the Resonessence Mirus, Or Mirand DAC yet? Those are DAC's I have heard, and have claimed to have heard.

Mivera

Major Contributor
It hasn't burned in yet. Put it in a stove for a few days and then report back.

Yeah Marty only gave it 4 days. It likely just needed 5.

OP
wgscott

wgscott

It's fine now. I got my "Manufactured in China" $1.50 USB cable from BlueJeansCable.com. It was as if someone has lifted a veil. The soundstage is now very three-dimensional. The timbre is now populated with wolves like those one sees on Audioquest products. The clouds have parted, and angles have begun to sing forth.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
AQ like timbre wolves is one thing.
You know you have hit paydirt when the Angles sing. :)

Mivera

Major Contributor
I am glad I am so popular. Amir can I get an illustrious title here?

Marty just tell him you were lying so his tears can dry up.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, no. Not really. But this is an audio product review, ok?

Well can I suggest editing for improved content. Not VCR. Oh no, but still old school audiophile.

You have a Tice clock that is blinking on 12:00. No doubt due to the long break-in period with such a highly revealing device.

OP
wgscott

wgscott

I am glad I am so popular. Amir can I get an illustrious title here?

Sorry for the confusion. It was about Blizzard, not you. I would have thought the title, and mention of the post count, would have made that clear. I actually appreciate your input.

OK, back to the snark!

Mivera

Major Contributor
Yet again folks put down a great technology like VCR due to lack of knowledge:

Better watch what you post. Some just might believe it :)

Top Bottom