• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Birthday Party

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The earliest post I found (I looked for a whole minute or so) was

Feb 14 2016

Is this forum almost a year old?

Is that the birth date?

When's the party?

79b5489f26021dde7ad047fb9ac722a8.jpg

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I should get the $100 for giving you an excuse to save $10,000 then.

Nevermind, I found a twenty on the floor the last time I went to the bank. I don't like to press my luck.

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I dropped that $20, give it back or else I will cast a spell on your audio system so it sounds the same every day.

This has been a great first year, I like this place and the folks here!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I registered the site on 2/11 I think so you are probably right on 2/14.

My plan was going to be a surprise gift of $100 to every member. But you spoiled the surprise so that plan is out.
Ah, if your awash with cash like this why am I having to go to the FM Union to get my pay increase..

Congratulations to amir on the first anniversary and thanks to the contributing members who have helped make the forum what it is today.

Here's to more growth in the membership this coming year, more in the way of rewarding discussion and generally more fun and frolics all round.

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Man, we're right in the middle of the 2/11~2/14 Birthday Party area.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Birthday.jpg

Well, maybe folks are waiting for the official toast. So here it is.

You may not know this but the motivation to go and create this forum came indirectly from Thomas. Yes, that rascal. In the midst of my conflict with Steve on WBF he sent me a PM and asked me why I was investing in that conflict (i.e. negative) instead of creating something new (positive). On a dime, I changed what I was doing 180 degrees and got busy creating this forum. Initially I was so tired of audiophilia that I wanted to create a hardcore science site (hence the name). But again Thomas put some sense into me by asking who I really was on these fora and I realized having fun was an important part. So I redid the mission statement and here we are.

Creating these communities are tough. The system and software while not trivial is the easy part. Building a community of people who care to spend time here, the hard part. So I am indebted to those of you who hung around with me in early days when we would run out of things to talk about, to our newest members now that have helped us have the vigor to carry on.

So let the partying, drinking, screwing around, etc. begin!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Birthday.jpg

You may not know this but the motivation to go and create this forum came indirectly from Thomas. Yes, that rascal. In the midst of my conflict with Steve on WBF he sent me a PM and asked me why I was investing in that conflict (i.e. negative) instead of creating something new (positive). On a dime, I changed what I was doing 180 degrees and got busy creating this forum. Initially I was so tired of audiophilia that I wanted to create a hardcore science site (hence the name). But again Thomas put some sense into me by asking who I really was on these fora and I realized having fun was an important part. So I redid the mission statement and here we are.

Creating these communities are tough. The system and software while not trivial is the easy part. Building a community of people who care to spend time here, the hard part. So I am indebted to those of you who hung around with me in early days when we would run out of things to talk about, to our newest members now that have helped us have the vigor to carry on.

Fake news :D

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Birthday.jpg

Nice to hear how this place started out. If only I could have got in on the ground floor and got a founding member title :D

technics_turntable_cake_by_gertygetsgangster.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I registered the site on 2/11 I think so you are probably right on 2/14.
User list shows member "admin" as joining 2-12
Member "amirm" joined 2-13
Just sayin
Happy B-Day ASR, when ever we call it offical. ;)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice to hear how this place started out. If only I could have got in on the ground floor and got a founding member title :D

technics_turntable_cake_by_gertygetsgangster.jpg

That is what I call a tasteful analog setup.

Happy birthday to Amir and ASR.

Also good advice there Thomas. A midwife in the birthing process of ASR so to speak. Sometimes you can provoke useful change from within and sometimes you are better to go spend your energies on something new.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
It's cake everyday, the mystery behind our actual birthday is working as intended..

Hey the folks at WBF were not laughing at amirs jokes, I was compelled to offer him support as I could fully relate to being the only guy who thinks What I say is funny :D

I think @Blumlein 88 was first through the door.. You set a high standard for the members who followed, I was second through the door, I kinda dramatically lowered that standard :oops::D

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I think @Blumlein 88 was first through the door.
Well he was the guy that sent me here in a PM over at CA. He knew I wasn't to comfortable with all the magic dust blown around there.
So you can blame or praise him for my being here, depending on your perspective. LOL

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I crashed the party.

Nobody invited me.

Can you blame them?

Top Bottom