• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Ok, as some of you might know I don't trust any man who does not drink beer...

What's your favourite beer? Maybe you have brewed some yourself?

Pictures of your favourite ales and such are desirable , being introduced to great new beer is a joy.

( no wine but talk of cider is acceptable)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
No favorites, I rotate among what's not popular but available at Sam's...

Currently, Warsteiner.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
During the winter, Old Rasputin

old-rasputin.jpg

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412/

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
JDKMichelle.jpg

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
That's not beer... It might of been a kind of beer once but in present form is not acceptable as a beer..

That said used as a depth charge in my morning ale it's a asset , so you got any beer to go with that sal?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
That's not beer... It might of been a kind of beer once but in present form is not acceptable as a beer..

That said used as a depth charge in my morning ale it's a asset , so you got any beer to go with that sal?
When I drink beer it's usually a Old Style on the side as a wash for my shooters. Most nights I'll throw out 2 or 3 to get a fresh head cause mine went flat.
OldStyle.png

Last edited:
OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Tonight's beer:

image_thumb.png

Another 9% ABV.
Umm, looks promising. San Francisco did seem to offer decent beer choice last time I visited. In fact leaving stuff like Colt 45 , bud, Miller out of things America has a wonderful beer scene. possibly the best in the world ..

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Umm, looks promising. San Francisco did seem to offer decent beer choice last time I visited. In fact leaving stuff like Colt 45 , bud, Miller out of things America has a wonderful beer scene. possibly the best in the world ..

I'm not sure I'd put it ahead of Belgium, but I'd definitely put the American craft beer scene ahead of most countries. The Germans, in particular, need to start experimenting more and get beyond the constraints of the reinheitsgebot.

Different regional styles are starting to emerge in the USA now, too, driven primarily by what hops can be grown in what climates.

I've also been to great CAMRA-certified pubs in London, but they to be rare things.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I'm not sure I'd put it ahead of Belgium, but I'd definitely put the American craft beer scene ahead of most countries. The Germans, in particular, need to start experimenting more and get beyond the constraints of the reinheitsgebot.

Different regional styles are starting to emerge in the USA now, too, driven primarily by what hops can be grown in what climates.

I've also been to great CAMRA-certified pubs in London, but they to be rare things.
There are plenty of great ale pubs in London and indeed at least 4 up the road from me in Bristol .. Nothing special about CAMRA imo, bunch of old guys who don't like their beer to be ' too tasty' .

The U.S has such variety, iv seen beers brewed really well and inspired from the world beer scene ( like Belgium) in the states.

The Belgium's know how to promote and sell their beer, I like the reverence they have for fine ale.

German beer is... A little behind imo. In fact Germany is my least favourite place iv been to for beer.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You know the craft beer scene in the USA has grown lots recently. There are so many regional varieties of all kinds it makes it impossible to pick a favorite. I might find a new one next week.

Now me for a not very heavy beer I like Urquell, the old Pilsner from the Czech republic.

Of course many new craft beers have higher alcohol content. Some are kinda of crazy wild tastes just to get noticed I suppose. Many are quite good. Its a good time to be a beer drinker in the USA.

If I had to pick one it would be this one right now.

Brother Joseph's Belgian Dubbel

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22655/57725/

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
This is why America imo is beer capital of the world https://www.belgianstyleales.com/prod_detail_list/shop-spencer-trappist-ale I'm betting that's seriously good ale.. certainly got to be better than kwak of Belgium!

It's all there in America, it can be hard to find though.

The U.K. Scene is great, have a look at what's on at - small bar- in Bristol .. Great beer, beer of the gods.

We are living in a golden age for beer :)

Top Bottom