• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beautiful afternoon up in the Arctic

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It is super nice here but I was slaving after replacing the back flow preventer to our garden :(. Left it uncovered during the winter from another repair and of course it froze and busted a crack :( :(. Feels good to sit back inside where it is much cooler :).

That is a nice Magnolia (?) Mike.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Nicest picturesque spots in this thread were from Thomas.

Simplicity of life, a broken garden hose, a cat balancing on a tree branch, couple ants making their apparition on the kitchen top stove, sitting outside with a creamy Irish beer, listening to Classical music, observing the sun slowly going down across the lawn and over the mountain tops, sniffing the flowers' pollen over my laptop, breathing the earth's atmosphere with the tree's oxygen, checking the neighbor starting his sportscar, looking across the field where the horses run peacefully, a spider climbing aboard my couch on the deck and sitting right beside me...all of this costs less than a large glass of milk in the Sahara desert and yet you don't see any camels near by. It was just meant to be, and the mind takes it all in as if nothing ever happened. ...But it happened, and is still happening, so it must be a subconscious thing like in real life. ...Like a music audition @ the mistress apartment on a nice Saturday afternoon under the piano and the panties and bra and high heeled shoes laying on the floor @ different spots.

If I was in heaven and the angel would ask me to accompany her @ the nearest strip club I would not go.

IMG_20150701_192050618_HDR.jpg

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
It is super nice here but I was slaving after replacing the back flow preventer to our garden :(. Left it uncovered during the winter from another repair and of course it froze and busted a crack :( :(. Feels good to sit back inside where it is much cooler :).

That is a nice Magnolia (?) Mike.

That happened to us a couple years ago. But it was inside the house in the wall. Flooded out the wall and the carpet. About $5000 of damage. :(. Yeah I love these trees. Only look nice like this for a few days. There's much nicer ones around.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Mike the pictures were taken last summer I believe. But many flowers and the grass is very green and growing and the leaves in some trees are developing each single day. The plum tree looks splendid, the apple trees have little green leaves, it looks even better now than those last year pictures. Only the oak trees are still slowly resurrecting from hibernation, but they still look majestic with open view on their amazing serpentine branch shapes.

America is full of gorgeous places. And so is Europe, and Africa, and Australia, and the home of the rising sun...Japan. ...New Zealand, the Rockies, Colorado, Jasper, the Andes, the Himalayas, Alaska, the Alps, Switzerland, the Black Forest, Tofino, Long Beach, the Pacific coast. the Atlantic ocean, the trees on Vancouver Island, on the Queen Charlotte Islands, ...the world is full a gorgeous scenery and natural wildlife...we live on a beautiful blue planet.

And not everything is pink on the streets of Bogota, Mexico City, Hollywood Boulevard, and the fog hanging over the heads of the ones who live in major cities where it gets really hot and humid with the cars' emissions into the stratosphere. Black oil is soiling our planet inside out.

The Okanagan is nice, good lakes for swimming. ...Gentle valley in the mountains, and North and East and West are all nice, other valleys with bigger trees and taller mountains. ...And less people too. I have been everywhere in BC, so I know the terrain quite well.

Life's just too short to explore our entire planet and all its magic.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Ya'll ought to try living in a location that has all that beautiful green more than a few months a year. I kick myself over and over for staying up north for as long as I did. There are just as many jobs in the warm places as there are in the cold. You couldn't get me to live back in Chicago with a gun, let alone in the arctic climate of Canada. BRRRR Lives to short to live it in a frozen tundra. ;)

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Ya'll ought to try living in a location that has all that beautiful green more than a few months a year. I kick myself over and over for staying up north for as long as I did. There are just as many jobs in the warm places as there are in the cold. You couldn't get me to live back in Chicago with a gun, let alone in the arctic climate of Canada. BRRRR Lives to short to live it in a frozen tundra. ;)

Yeah I'm not a fan of the cold either. But winters are short where I live. May to November is beautiful. July and August it doesn't rain and temps average 85-100 deg. Ideally I would like to move down to a tropical island from November to April. But it's hard with kids to live like that with school and everything. I'm trying to convince the wife though. :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I don't care a lot for the winter here either. But it has one real benefit: you notice the change of time. When I lived in Florida and California, that is lost. You don't slow down. You run all the time because the weather is conducive to being active all the time. Here, we slow down in winter. The pace and what we do changes with seasons. You have an external clock which regulates (softly) what you do.

Does it make it better than always-warm places? No. It is however an intangible benefit.

Top Bottom