• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir Movie Review: The Man Who Knew Infinity

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just watched an excellent movie: The Man Who Knew Infinity

images

It is the story of brilliant Indian mathematician, Ramanujan (played by Dev Patel). It is very well acted by both Jeremy Irons who plays his mentor, Professor Harding. Yes, there is a bit of cliche here with the tough professor and pupil. But it does tie together nicely. It is a captivating movie and highly worthwhile and thought provoking. It is the idea of some people like Ramanujan being able intuit solutions to difficult mathematical problems without going through the intervening steps.

The only thing I don't like is the silly title which is never tied to anything in the movie or the story.

Highly Recommended. It is a free on-demand movie as of this writing on premium cable channel.

Brad

A lot of his results were for convergent infinite series. He did reinvent an enormous amount though.
ie he was able to intuit infinity
It is amazing that a single brain can be so constructed as to invent so many results

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It is a well done movie. It is also on Netflix which is where I saw it.

Correction: I saw it on free cable on demand I think. Netflix only has it on DVD to mail out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom