Search results

1. D

Voltage conversion instead of step up transformer?

No, went with a luxman 595 class a amp instead... the American version
  2. D

Rel Sub S/812 - Should I keep the box?

I bought a REL sub s/812. The box of it is huge. I usually save my audiophile equipment boxes in case I want to sell the item later down the road. The REL was freight shipped to me. Is it worth keeping the box? If I ever decided to sell it, would it be worth having it freight shipped rather...
  3. D

How to hook up sub to PC?

I have a basic PC sound card. My 2 speakers are normal PC speakers with a single line in/out cord. I have a left over REL 7x sub from my Hi-fi setup in the other room. How can I connect the sub to it? Do I need a y splitter for the line out on the PC card?
  4. D

Yamaha Pre Outs Not Working In This Configuration

I would prefer to use the RN2000A subwoofer out. But it doesn't have a L R connections, just a single out. Should I get a y splitter for that so it will take the single sub cable and turn it into a L R?
  5. D

Yamaha Pre Outs Not Working In This Configuration

Question, please... I have a Yamaha r-n2000a which I use a preamp to the Yamaha AS-3200. The Yamaha r-n2000a pre outs are used/taken to go to the main on the Yamaha AS-3200. Since I am using the Yamaha AS-3200 as a amplifier only with the main in, the bass and treble controls do not apply in...
  6. D

Power Cord For Amp - do volts matter?

Ok, here is the story.... I have 2 amps and I got my power cords mixed up shuffling my amps around. One cord is 14 gauge and the other is 16 gauge. I can't remember which one goes to which amp. So, I called the official Luxman service department in the USA. The guy told me he recommends at...
  7. D

I mean replace the power cord.... I want to get one that is thicker gauge and more high quality than the one that came with.
  8. D

I want to replace my power cord on my Luxman 595 class A amp with a upgraded one. The voltage currently stamped on the cord is 300v. I only want to spend about $100.00, but the ones I have found so far have not gone up to 300v. There was one I liked but it was 125v. Is that going to be a issue...
  9. D

Could the McIntosh 12000 350watts blow the Sopra 1 speakers easily?

what exactly is my focus? were you with me when I listened to the speakers? are you with me all the time to know every evaluation of audio product I do? Also, what is your solution? Should I listen to every combo of speaker and amp that exists? Is that what you did for you to know so much...
  10. D

Correct, but I did not ask the opinion on others on how it sounded. I asked a technical question.
  11. D

Yes, I did hear the system and I thought it was incredible. It was a bit on the bright side, I hope that wasn't from the hiss? There were no subs at the time so I figured with some subs it would be less bright. Before I make my purchase I'll go back and listen to with the sub. I don't...
  12. D

Of course I would be buying two subs. Why does everyone assume that I wouldn't? Why would I cheap out at this point? I didn't include that in my original post because it's out of the context of my simple question
  13. D

No, because I would be spending extra money two subs
  14. D

I am slowly putting together my final system. After much time, I have picked out the Focal Sopra 1 bookshelves and the MacIntosh 12000 amp. But come to my dismay, I found the Sopra 1 recommended power is 25-150 watts (4 ohm). The MacIntosh is 350 watts x 2 (any ohm). Does this mean that there is...
  15. D

Is my new 65" Tv mounted to high?

It's really hard to tell from 10 feet away but I think my eyes are level with the Sonos bar when I am on the futon. Is that bad?
  16. D

Focal Kanta 2 towers or Sopra 1 bookshelves with pair of subs?

Oh wow, I feel the same as you... the Kanta's 2 look cooler. But I am going for best sound rather than looks. Can you please tell me why you would choose the Sopra 1s if you could do it over again?
  17. D

Is my new 65" Tv mounted to high?

I got a new Song a95L TV that is 65 inch. The installer placed it to where the center of the tv is about 56" inches from the floor. He said that this was the most common height. My old tv used to have a stand so I am used to lower tvs from stands. Is 56" inch height acceptable in the Home...
  18. D

Focal Kanta 2 towers or Sopra 1 bookshelves with pair of subs?

I am having a hard time deciding. This is for a room at 300 sq feet. I do not use room correction and I also do not treat my room (I choose not to and there is no changing that). I have narrowed my choices between Focal Kanta 2 towers or Focal Sopra 1 with 2 REL 510 subs (or maybe just one). A...
  19. D

Would I get tired of adjusting EQ? How do others handle adjusting the EQ often?

I really like the Macintosh ma12000. When I was at the store listening to it, I missed a portion of the song that was playing while I adjusted the EQ. It was enough of the portion of the song to kind of bother me. On my luxman and Yamaha amps, I keep the treble the same all the time. But I...
  20. D

Yamaha m-5000 consumes more power than a class a amp? Am I looking at this right?

For the Yamaha m-5000, am I reading it right that idle power (no music playing) is 400 watts?
Top Bottom