Search results

1. elshaddai

WiiM Ultra... Am I missing something?

I'm thinking with the advent of cheap amps like the Fosi mono blocks or ZA amps, a digital preamp might be desirable. Even Fosi has been hinting at making one, yes? WiiM could have been out early. But maybe USB will be provided along with XLR output in the Ultra Max next year...
  2. elshaddai

Exactly. The Cubilux adapter looks like a simple solution to start with. Or network if it offers greater fidelity.
  3. elshaddai

It's also a digital preamp, yes? I just found it surprising that they included some digital inputs but not USB.
  4. elshaddai

This is for a desktop 2.1 system, so the PC is my source for local and streaming music, streaming video, online radio, gaming, etc.
  5. elshaddai

Good point on the control via network. I'll dig deeper on that as well. Thanks!
  6. elshaddai

Yep, understood. Yet it is also a multi-function box and for someone looking for a control box in front of a true 2.1 desktop system, it offers a lot of functionality not available in one place otherwise. I prefer my PC as the master source, so the streaming and screen features are less...
  7. elshaddai

Interesting. I have a Lenovo AMD tower. I'll have to take look at the mb specs and see if something like that is supported. Thanks!
  8. elshaddai

Yes, no optical out on my tower, so I appreciate the adapter options. Thanks!
  9. elshaddai

I've looked at the photos and read the specs, but don't see a way to connect a WiiM Ultra to a PC via USB. I see the USB port for media sticks, but nothing that says it's suitable for PC connection. Was hoping to consider this as a digital preamp with bass management and room correction to...
  10. elshaddai

Questions about value of miniDSP vs current setup

Definitely will look at microphones and software if/when I get to that point in the journey. Thanks for the recommendation!
  11. elshaddai

Thanks for that insight - I'm not sure my brain can comprehend what a 6ms bass delay would sound like, but I'm very familiar with audio-visual sync delays and the frustration they can cause. If it makes a difference, the sub is about 2 feet from my feet under the corner of my desk. I'll keep an...
  12. elshaddai

Speakers are Philharmonic Audio True Minis, so I'm plenty happy with them for my space. Appreciate the feedback on electronics - I'll try to put my FOMO on the shelf and think about room measurements as the next area of focus. Thank you!
  13. elshaddai

Appreciate the feedback - sounds like room measurements are the logical next step whenever I'm ready to take that step. Thank you!
  14. elshaddai

Looking at options to get the most out of my nearfield 2.1 speakers and subwoofer. Current setup starts with USB from my PC to a JDS Labs Atom 2 DAC/headphone amp stack running as a preamp. I'm running RCAs from the preamp to my Emotiva SE8 sub, using its built-in DSP/crossover/HPF (60/80/100...
  15. elshaddai

Recommendations for a DAC with analog volume control, USB In and 2 RCA preamp outputs?

Appreciate the recommendation, certainly much simpler - thank you. Are the hard plugs preferable to "Y" splitter cables?
  16. elshaddai

Recommendations for a DAC with analog volume control, USB In and 2 RCA preamp outputs?

Trying to put together a simple desktop setup. I have a Buckeye 252 power amp (XLR input, have RCA-to-XLR cables already) and a sub with RCA Line In. Would like to find a simple DAC with USB input from my PC, has an analog volume control and two RCA Line Out options, one for power amp, one for...
  17. elshaddai

Looking for small powered subs with a signal pass through output

I have an Emotiva Airmotiv SE8 8" sub in that exact scenario. Has Line In and Line Out (w/HPF). Unfortunately, it's not made any more and the current model (XS8) only has Line In, but the SE8 is worth looking for used. https://emotiva.com/collections/8-flex-subwoofer/products/airmotiv-s8
  18. elshaddai

Buckeye Amps case changes

I appreciate this approach and it was a factor in choosing to order from you today. Looking forward to swapping in the 252!
Top Bottom