Search results

1. Italian Job

IOM v250 mod help

I received a new March audio amp so I decided not to tamper with it in the end, but good to know its doable
  2. Italian Job

IOM v250 mod help

I'll make sure to do that thanks! I'll buy a slightly longer cable if necessary
  3. Italian Job

IOM v250 mod help

Mr IOM confirmed all I need to do is connect the ribbon cable from the input directly to the amplifier board
  4. Italian Job

IOM v250 mod help

I see, I wasn't sure that setting it to full would be equal to have absolute zero resistance between the input and the amp. Thanks
  5. Italian Job

IOM v250 mod help

Hello! I would like to disable the volume pot in my IOM250, wandering if it's just matter of redirecting the ribbon cables? Any input is highly appreciated - pun not intended -
  6. Italian Job

D90LE loud pop noise in pre-amp mode

good to hear, I'll wait to test it on the purifi amp before buying a passive preamp. thanks
  7. Italian Job

So Topping might be right that's nothing wrong with the dac, I have an Hyperx based amp and just bought a purifi model I guess I'll need to buy a passive preamp! I guess that would also explain why the pops volume lessen as I turn the amp volume down thanks @ComasSky
  8. Italian Job

you're right! but all I wanted to know is if the dac in preamp mode, makes any loud popping sound when muted from the remote, amplifier on full volume, no source needed for the test.
  9. Italian Job

Sounds interesting. I'll check that out too! Cheers
  10. Italian Job

I see I thought it was the latest modem, the defrost 1 did terribly! I'll check the 2 64 out, thanks!
  11. Italian Job

I read the review of the Schiit Bifrost and the measurements looked a bit schiit....
  12. Italian Job

I also own the LE, do you use it in preamp mode?
  13. Italian Job

Unfortunaly I don't have any other dacs available atm, I might borrow an smsl from a friend and see what happens. Topping insist the dac volume in preamp mode should always be at maximum, and use the volume on the amplifier, what if the power amp doesn't have a volume pot? why on earth would I...
  14. Italian Job

chifi haha never heard that before yeah will likely end up doing that, I wonder how much would a non chifi dac (that measure as good) set me back...
  15. Italian Job

Hello, it's my first post on ASR! I've had a D90 in my system for a while, always used in dac mode as my power amp (IOM 250) has a volume controller. In anticipation of my new power amp with no volume controller, I decide to give the pre-amp mode a go. With the d90 in pre-amp mode and the amp...
Top Bottom