Search results

1. soundspy

Nearfield setup for electronic music (Genelec 8331 + 7350)

Here we go; I set everything up, and after playing around with my acoustic panels, this is the best result so far. I don't know where to find or, if possible, with GLM or Grade to get the combined graphs, so I posted them individually. I will try to tweak the system a bit more, but I'm pretty...
  2. soundspy

I’m excited! I got the units in the studio but still boxed. I should be ready with my room treatment in a day or two then showtime! I’ll make sure to report back :cool:
  3. soundspy

Angled Treatment on Side Wall First Reflection Points? Bad idea?

Thanks a lot for the advice. Not yet, but it's part of the plan. I will have my new Genelec system with the GLM kit here in the next few days. I don't plan to buy big bulks of treatment and will go step by step between measurements. Which part of the room do you mean dealing with the...
  4. soundspy

Angled Treatment on Side Wall First Reflection Points? Bad idea?

Hi all, I'm planning to treat my room in the next weeks, and I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the best approach to treat my first reflection points on the side walls. The rest of the room is fairly straightforward and will include clouds, rear wall first reflection point treatment, and...
  5. soundspy

Wow! Genelec GRADE looks amazingly useful

I'm looking forward to testing it with my soon-to-be-here Genelec system. Does anyone know the best approach in the room measurement section if the room is asymmetrical?
  6. soundspy

Where did you place your sub?
  7. soundspy

That's very great to hear. Thanks a lot
  8. soundspy

Thanks. Unfortunately, that won't be a long-term option for me, but I might try it to compare the measurements for fun. Genelec strictly recommends their subwoofers close to the front wall, however.
  9. soundspy

Yeah, but I plan to stick with Genelec; the GLM kit for the room calibration for dummies is essential, and since it will be under my desk, close to my legs, I love the non-destructible industrial design, too.
  10. soundspy

I never had the neumann sub just the kh 120 mk1, but that's also gone, I sold it. It would have been one route with the MA1 kit sure, and considerably cheaper, but the Gens left a very good impression after hearing them in a similarry treated room as mine, so I'm ready to take the plunge with them!
  11. soundspy

Any chance you know a good source to learn about crossover? I assume the only good way is to test and measure but in general, what difference does it make if I crossover at 100Hz vs below 80Hz for example?
  12. soundspy

Yes, that's my plan with the 8331 and 7350. It seems suitable for this.
  13. soundspy

Hi everyone, What a great forum, with a lot of good information, friendly discussions and knowledgeable and helpful people. It's good to be here! I'm looking for some advice, as I just got my bonus, and it's time to upgrade from my Neumann Kh 120 MK1 speakers. I want to go for the following...
  14. soundspy

Genelec 8340 + 7350

Thanks, thats good information. I am pretty sure I will be happy with the 7350. Cheers
  15. soundspy

Genelec 8340 + 7350

Hi! I’m waiting for my 8331 to be delivered but still hesitant about my sub choice. 7350 vs 7360. Small treated room, 40 square meter. Can you please elaborate what do you mean by boundary gain? Right now, I feel 7350 is the right one for me. I don’t need big SPL but was worried about that the...
Top Bottom