Search results

1. Owltiger2057

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (TV)

She didn't say anything about the fairy tale. She called me while the musical was on to see if I was watching it. We both actually laughed all the way through it. I then hooked her up with an old copy of Steven Bochco's Cop Rock. She hated that. lol.
  2. Owltiger2057

Not to disagree completely.... You have to build the other characters otherwise you end up with 2D characters for an entire show that might last for years. Another thing to consider is that these are not the Kirk, Spock and Uhuru that some of us grew up with. People even in science-fiction...
  3. Owltiger2057

That's an interesting point of view. However, a counterpoint. I started watching Star Trek when it first came out. Then in the lean years (before the first movie) I also read all of the books, many of those authors became writers for STTNG. My kids got into STTNG, but the surprise I got was...
  4. Owltiger2057

Like you, I've completely enjoyed it (I'm writing this long after Season 2 ended). The one thing no one mentioned so far is the new theme (surprising on an audio forum). I went back and watched a modern digital copy of the original Star Trek and then listened to this theme again. It is nice...
  5. Owltiger2057

I'm a bit late to the party but just some observations. Every television show has its bad episodes - bar none, and I've been watching Star Trek since the first episode. As for bunch of teenagers, "sticking it to the man." Even in the modern world this happens more often than not. One of my...
  6. Owltiger2057

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Hi all. I'm another lurker who has dropped in over the years because of other links citing sources from this group. Finally, decided why get second hand news and joined this week. Currently living just outside of Chicago in the small town of Crestwood. Just retired for the 3rd time and pretty...
  7. Owltiger2057

Amir's Music Server Build Thread

Hi Another potential idea you might consider is asymmetric cooling. I'm running 3 Corsair 1000D PCs at home. This was part of an experiment conducted when a friend wanted a "silent" gaming rig. I don't know if you were aware but Noctua conducted some pretty extensive testing on that 200mm...
  8. Owltiger2057

Jay's Audio Lab and electral outlets

I'm a noob to all of this. However, I do work with computers on a daily basis and build gaming PCs as a hobby. So, I have to ask why isn't a UPS the first line for most audio gear (I'm legitimately asking because I don't know the answer). I wouldn't let a friend use a computer without one...
  9. Owltiger2057

Sound United Closes the Deal, Acquires Bowers & Wilkins

I entered the Army in 1974 and the best source for audio gear were the local pawnshops, not the PX, around Fort Bragg. We didn't have a "shared" stereo as one person mentioned it was more like a constant battle of the bands. The only thing I remember was a Panasonic "Thruster" setup (not sure...
Top Bottom