Search results

1. Unique_User01

$500 setup to upgrade PC - advice/details needed

Thank you for the feedback, ultimately I decided to return my Kali's and test out the Adam TV5's. While there the salesmen recommended the Adam T10S Subwoofer to pair with as it has the balanced in/outs with the filter's. I was hesitant as the cost exceeded my budget but he agreed to apply 15%...
  2. Unique_User01

I am looking to get the cheapest balanced, powered subwoofer as I tested RCA cables with my studio monitors to the DAC and they got static coming through even without touching any wires. Not a hiss with the XLR. My understanding is best case is to have subwoofer input XLR from DAC, then output...
  3. Unique_User01

I should have clarified I have a powered desk so I can just tweak the height of the desk with the electric motor. It has been less trouble getting the tweeters lined up than eliminating this resonance. Which from what I have read can be a complex issue. It almost has me considering the new kanto...
  4. Unique_User01

I tried adjusting the speakers with some clamp stands but ultimately just setting them back on angled foam pads which aims the tweeter a bit higher than ideal seems to be reducing a bit of the resonance until I can come up with a more permanent solution. I am going to order the Kali w6 and just...
  5. Unique_User01

To clarify what I meant is even at ear height I experience the boom noisiness. I have a standing desk so it was ideal for me to just raise the height of the desk to get tweeters to ear level. But with a speaker stand I would have to be able to tilt the speakers down towards my ears at a 30-45...
  6. Unique_User01

Hey thank you for the info. I am wondering as another option, what if I purchased a tall speaker stand and tilted the tweeters towards my ear, would this reduce this effect as well? Also is turning the speaker upside down and then lining the tweeter to my ear height something that could impact...
  7. Unique_User01

Update - Still haven't found a solution to this issue with some male voices at mid range, it's sometimes so bad for some voices that I miss my Klipsch 2.1's. If this was purely for music it is less noticable. But for youtube and other content its exhausting. I am thinking of returning these for...
  8. Unique_User01

I have the Schiit Modius hooked up and all interference is completely gone. Music sounds great. One issue I am experiencing is that male voices in youtube videos and such feel extremely fatiguing and comes in as muffled/boxxy. I do not know what to do I feel like I have tried every dipswitch...
  9. Unique_User01

Well long story short, I didn't change anything, but after trying RCA to 3.5MM I got sound, plugged back in the dedicated RCA cables and it worked fine no issues. Well one issue, which you have pointed out, there is absolutely interference noise. Also to clarify, I did have all the dipswitches...
  10. Unique_User01

Yes it shows the sound card as the input active and the speakers as the output active. I am assuming the previous poster was correct and the RCA's are no good. I do not have other equipment to test this theory.
  11. Unique_User01

I am not sure, I don't have a multimeter handy but I have not been able to get any sound thus far. I have a feeling I am going to have to bypass the soundcard and plug into a DAC or try 3.5mm to RCA or 3.5mm to XLR.
  12. Unique_User01

I was able to listen to adam tv5's kali lp6v2 and krk rp5 and of the three after an hour I decided to pull the trigger on the Kali's. I went home, set the dip switches to enable RCA on the 8th dip switch in the up position, I plugged the appropriate left and right RCA cable into my RCA...
  13. Unique_User01

Are there any 6" studio monitors you have used or have experience with that you would recommend and reason why you bought?
  14. Unique_User01

Based on the ratings the Kali LP6v2's have great scores, is there any specific set you would recommend over them or that you have had personal experience with? For example here is a list of recommended speakers I have jotted down as I've watched videos and reviews and charts and it does seem...
  15. Unique_User01

Hi Everyone, I have been researching replacing my Klipsch 2.1 pro medias that I run through my soundblaster titanium x-fi HD card(its a mouthful isn't it?) on my PC. It has served its job well as a step up from most traditional PC branded audio solutions for me over the last 8 or so years. I am...
Top Bottom